What is .Serp Virus?
.Serp Virus is a recent version of the popular threat Serpent ransomware. Just like the first version, it does not ask permission to enter the system, but it becomes clear soon that it is the one inside the system because users realize that they cannot open any of their files, and those that cannot be accessed have received an extension .Serp.
This extension indicates that these files with it have already been affected by .Serp Virus. This infection makes the personal data impossible to access because it wants users’ money. Users are told that they need a decryption tool to unlock files. This tool is, of course, not free. It would be smart to purchase it if there were any guarantees that it would be sent in exchange, but, unfortunately, now users usually get nothing once they sent out their money. Since there are so many cases when users are still not allowed to unlock their files after paying the demanded money, you should uninstall .Serp Virus without sending money to bad people. There might be no other ways to get files back, but there is no proof that you could do that if you buy the unlock tool too.
What does .Serp Virus do?
.Serp Virus is a ransomware infection seeking to get money from users, so it strikes immediately once it enters the computer successfully. It locks users’ files, as you should already know, and then places a ransom note README_TO_RESTORE_FILES(characters).txt on Desktop for users. The function of this note is to inform users about the encryption of files and then offer a solution to the problem, i.e. purchasing the decryption tool. It costs 0.75 Bitcoin, but the price will reach 2.25 Bitcoin if a user pays money after 7 days. The tool is very expensive, and nobody knows whether it will be given to you, so implement the .Serp Virus removal without even considering paying a ransom.
Where does .Serp Virus come from?
All ransomware infections enter computers illegally, and .Serp Virus is one of them. Although these threats enter systems without the users’ knowledge, people still contribute to its entrance – they open malicious attachments from spam emails or download software that looks legitimate at first glance from bad pages. Do not repeat the same mistakes and, if you want to be save 24/7, install a security application. This must be done after the .Serp Virus removal because another crypto-threat might creep onto the system soon if you do nothing.
How can I delete .Serp Virus?
Ransomware infections are serious threats, so we do not even suggest going to remove .Serp Virus manually. We do not say that it is impossible to get rid of it manually, but the previous knowledge in malware removal is a must to remove .Serp Virus in a manual way. If you are not experienced, go to delete .Serp Virus automatically with a trustworthy anti-malware/anti-spyware tool. It should be noted that it will not unlock those files having the .Serp extension (locked ones), but it will take care of other malicious items.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .SerpUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .Serp. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .Serp and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete .Serp using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .Serp from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .Serp
Remove .Serp from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .Serp
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .Serp from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .Serp from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.