What is SimpleNotepad4?
SimpleNotepad4 is classified by some as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). According to reports this application is able to enter computers via software bundles. This means that it could be attached to free software in a way that allows it to install along with the freeware. This is not unusual as many PUPs use this method. So if you do not remember installing SimpleNotepad4, then you might need to start paying more attention to how you install software.
It’s not a malicious application but according to some security experts, SimpleNotepad4 might insert sponsored content into your browser and may potentially modify your browser’s settings. If that were to happen, we would not suggest you keep this application on your computer. There are more reliable programs with the same functions so you should delete SimpleNotepad4.
Why should you potentially remove SimpleNotepad4?
If SimpleNotepad4 were to enter your computer via software bundles, that means it was attached to free software. When you install freeware, you need to make sure there is nothing attached to it. If there was something, and you did not deselect it, it would install automatically. This happens if the you use Default settings. If you choose that mode, you will not even be informed of such items, let alone allowed to deselect them. To avoid unwanted installations, choose Advanced or Custom mode. In them, you will see a clear list of what has been added and you can deselect all those items. If you were to make a habit of that, then you would not need to worry about having to uninstall SimpleNotepad4 or similar applications. In short, choose Advanced settings and you will save a lot of time.
Malware specialists classify SimpleNotepad4 as a PUP and claim that it inserts advertisements into the results, as well as messes around with your browser’s settings. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine might be changed to something else and you might not be allowed to undo the changes unless you remove SimpleNotepad4 first. It would not be surprising if this were to happen as many PUPs do the same things. Usually the changes happen because PUPs aim to generate pay-per-click revenue for certain websites and they do that by redirecting you. And what better way to do that than by providing you with a search engine that will give you sponsored results. You could end up on all sorts of weird websites. In some cases, those redirects can end in a malware infection because you could be led to an infected site. If you have experienced the above mentioned symptoms, you should uninstall SimpleNotepad4 as soon as possible.
If you decide to delete SimpleNotepad4, you can choose from two options. You can use a professional removal tool to erase SimpleNotepad4, or you can do it manually. Bear in mind that manual SimpleNotepad4 removal might take more time because you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SimpleNotepad4Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall SimpleNotepad4. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like SimpleNotepad4 and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SimpleNotepad4 and related programs.
Remove SimpleNotepad4 from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SimpleNotepad4 from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SimpleNotepad4 from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SimpleNotepad4 from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SimpleNotepad4 or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SimpleNotepad4 from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SimpleNotepad4 from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SimpleNotepad4 from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SimpleNotepad4 from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SimpleNotepad4 and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.