Siteken.com Removal Guide
Siteken.com is a browser hijacker which is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It enters user’s computer silently and without user’s permission. This intruder immediately alters the usual home page and defaults search engine to siteken.com.
The presented tool, unfortunately, cannot be trusted. Even thought the main page displays a bunch of quick access buttons to reliable pages (Facebook, Yahoo!, Amazon, and so on), you can never trust search results provided by the hijacker. Before this intruder routes you to suspicious and maybe even malicious website, remove Siteken.com.
What does Siteken.com do?
Users often find this hijacker in their computers after downloading Shmehao games from shmehao.com or Siteken games from siteken.com. The application will infiltrate your PC even if you manage to cancel the setup, since in the case of Siteken.com, it is enough to just run the setup. Because it enters silently, users notice it only after the hijacker changes browsers settings. We warn you that it is very important to avoid the infiltration, since this particular intruder can travel alongside malicious software. If it is already in your system, do not forget to check for malware after Siteken.com removal.
As we already mentioned a few times, this software modifies user’s home page and default search engine once it enters a new system. The changes take place so that the application could control your search results. The main aim of this software is to promote third parties’ websites by directing traffic to them. To achieve this, the application will fill your search results with predetermined links so that you would boost traffic to the sponsored pages after clicking them. However, it should be clear by know that this software often works with cyber criminals. Thus, it is possible that after tapping a link or an ad, you will find yourself in a malignant website where you will get infected with virus, Trojan, or some other form of malware. Needless to say, you should do everything to avoid such outcome. We advise to delete Siteken.com right now.
How to remove Siteken.com?
We hope that after reading this article, you decided to get rid of Siteken.com in order to recover your lost settings and to minimize the threat to your system’s safety. Now you only need to choose manual or automatic Siteken.com removal option. If you pick the first option, you will be able to follow the instructions on how to terminate Siteken.com presented below this article. On the other hand, the automatic Siteken.com removal will guarantee that not only Siteken.com, but also all the other malicious applications that came in with this software are removed as well. Furthermore, the same trustworthy anti-spyware will also safeguard your PC in the future.
- Navigate to the right corner of your Desktop and tap Settings.
- Pick Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Siteken.com.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Add or Remove programs and remove Siteken.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Tap Start button on the Taskbar and click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Siteken.com.
Eliminate Siteken.com from your browsers
- Tap the menu icon and select Options.
- Choose General tab and replace your current home page with another.
- Go to the Search tab and change/remove your search provider.
- Press the menu icon again to access Add-ons.
- Terminate all unwanted add-ons.
- Click on the menu and open Settings.
- Select Set pages and overwrite your home page.
- Under Search, choose Manage search engine.
- Delete the current search provider and choose a new one.
- In the Extensions, delete useless extensions.
- Tap the Gear icon and click Internet Options.
- Change/remove your home page in the General tab.
- Press the Gear icon again and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unwanted add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and overwrite your search engine.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Siteken.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Siteken.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Siteken.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.