What is SkyName Ransomware?
SkyName Ransomware is a screen locker that tries to convince you that it encrypts your files. It does not actually encrypt anything. It still uses the same spread methods as ransomware, which is spam email and unsafe installs. Ransomware usually encrypts your files and then demands money to get them back. SkyName Ransomware will attempt to convince you that it encrypts files but at closer inspections, it becomes clear that it does not. It will lock your screen, launch a ransom note and demand that you pay, which is the last thing you should do.
If you remove SkyName Ransomware, your files will be accessible again. You are quite lucky SkyName Ransomware does not encrypt your files because most ransomware does. Let this be a lesson for you about the dangers lurking on the Internet. You should also make sure that you have backup for all your files so that if you were infected again, you would not need to worry about file encryption.
What does SkyName Ransomware do?
Much like most ransomware, SkyName Ransomware uses spam emails and insecure downloads as means of distribution. You might get an email from a sender claiming to be from a government organization or a legitimate company that says you need to review some sort of important document attached to the email. All you have to do to get infected is open that attachments. This is the typical technique used by cyber criminals to spread ransomware. Many users still go about opening email attachments left and right without a second thought and that why this method still remains the most popular. Fake software downloads to spread ransomware are also quite common. All you have to do is download the wrong file and ransomware is on your computer. Never open email attachments without first making sure they are safe. And only download/update software from legitimate/official websites.
Once it gets on your computer, SkyName Ransomware will lock your screen and show a ransom note in Czech. This is why it is thought that this screen locker is targeting Czech users. The note will claim that your computer has been hacked and that your files have been encrypted. You are asked to pay 1000 CZK Koruna (around $40) in Bitcoins. Once you pay, the criminals will supposedly decrypt your files. Well, there is nothing to decrypt since your files are not encrypted. But the lock screen might scare many users into thinking that this is real as they cannot access their files to check. Obviously, there is no need to pay these crooks. All you have to do is delete SkyName Ransomware and you can use your computer as usual.
SkyName Ransomware removal
In order to remove SkyName Ransomware, you will need to obtain reliable anti-malware software. It will take care of SkyName Ransomware removal quickly. Instructions on how to bypass the screen lock and erase SkyName Ransomware will be provided below this article. It should also be noted that you should not attempt to manually delete SkyName Ransomware as you might damage your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SkyName RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SkyName Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SkyName Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete SkyName Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove SkyName Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove SkyName Ransomware
Remove SkyName Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete SkyName Ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete SkyName Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete SkyName Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.