How to remove SlimCleaner Plus
SlimCleaner Plus is a potentially unwanted application that belongs to SlimWare Utilities, Inc. It has an official site, according to which the program is a useful utility that can help you optimize and clean your computer by removing all junk files, history, temp files, and other unnecessary components.
The application also claims that it can improve you battery life and computer speed. Unfortunately, the software cannot be trusted, because it uses unfair distribution methods and presents you with misleading information. We advise that you delete SlimCleaner Plus from your PC.
Although SlimCleaner Plus has an official site, where it can be downloaded, it also travels in free software bundles. It is possible that you installed it by accident. It is also possible that the unwanted program is not the only piece software that you installed unwittingly. Once in the system, the application performs a scan and shows you results that contain multiple errors and issues. These results are fake and they are simply used to scare you into thinking that your PC needs immediate help. In order to fix these problems, you will be asked to purchase the full version of the software, which was its main goal all along.
In addition to providing you with bogus scan results and showing you fake alerts in an attempt to trick you into wasting your money, the program also raises certain privacy concerns. It asks you for your personal information before you even try to purchase it. During the so-called registration, you are asked to share your email address, full name, country, and postal code. You should never share your private details with unreliable parties, because these details may be used against you. We advise that you ignore all suggestions that come from the unreliable utility and terminate SlimCleaner Plus right away.
How to remove SlimCleaner Plus?
There is no reason why you should hesitate with SlimCleaner Plus removal. The unwanted program can be uninstalled manually or automatically. If you choose to uninstall SlimCleaner Plus manually, you can follow the instructions that are presented at the bottom of the page. If, on the other hand, you want to not only eliminate SlimCleaner Plus, but also make sure that there are no other unsafe apps on your PC, you should go with automatic removal option. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will perform a system scan and detect all issues. It will then delete SlimCleaner Plus along with other threats. Moreover, the security tool will stay helpful in the future as it comes with a variety of other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SlimCleaner PlusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SlimCleaner Plus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SlimCleaner Plus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus and related programs.
Remove SlimCleaner Plus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SlimCleaner Plus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SlimCleaner Plus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SlimCleaner Plus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SlimCleaner Plus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SlimCleaner Plus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SlimCleaner Plus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SlimCleaner Plus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SlimCleaner Plus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.