Smartnewtab.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Smartnewtab.com)
Smartnewtab.com is a malign website aimed at exposing you to various online scams. The reason that you see this page in your browsers is because you have an advertising-supported application installed on your PC. Adware programs are usually compatible with all browsers, which is why the unreliable site and other adverts will appear on your screen no matter which one of them you use.
The main purpose of the program is to boost web traffic by flooding you with ads. It does not matter to the developers of the application whether those ads are reliable or not. They make profit each time that you click on them, which is exactly what you should not do. If you wish to delete Smartnewtab.com and other unwanted ads from your browsers, you will have to uninstall the adware causing them to appear.
The Smartnewtab.com website may present you with different scams each time that it pops-up on your screen. The page may claim that you should update your software or download a video codec, a security tool, etc. Whatever it is that the site claims, it is not true. Instead of the promised updates or useful apps, you will be downloading potentially unwanted programs onto your computer. Other scams may have to do with tricking you into sharing your personal details or wasting money on non-existent products or services. You should not trust the page no matter what you see on it and eliminate Smartnewtab.com from your browses as soon as possible.
As it has been mentioned above, the only way to remove Smartnewtab.com is by uninstalling its related program, which may have entered your computer with other freeware. If you do not pay attention to the installation process, you agree to additional offers unwittingly. That is not something you should do, because these offers are not useful to you. They usually promote adware or browser hijackers. Make sure that you avoid installing potentially unwanted apps in the future by choosing the Advanced installation mode and declining all optional offers.
How to remove Smartnewtab.com?
You can delete Smartnewtab.com related application manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to identify the adware and uninstall it via Control Panel. If you know which program you should delete, you can use the instructions below the article. If, however, you are not sure, you can implement the free scanner from our page. It will detect the unwanted program for you. If you choose to upgrade it, the anti-malware utility will terminate Smartnewtab.com related app along with other found threats. In addition to Smartnewtab.com removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays safeguarded from similar and more dangerous online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Smartnewtab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smartnewtab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Smartnewtab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smartnewtab.com and related programs.
Remove Smartnewtab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smartnewtab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smartnewtab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smartnewtab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smartnewtab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smartnewtab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smartnewtab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smartnewtab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smartnewtab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smartnewtab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.