Smartsearchesonline.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Smartsearchesonline.com)
Smartsearchesonline.com is a yet another browser hijacker that is promoted as a useful search provider. It may not look too suspicious, but that does not mean that you should trust it, especially considering the fact that its main purpose is to promote its sponsors. Once the hijacker takes over, it modifies your browser settings and causes other unwanted changes like flooding you with ads, causing redirects at random, and more. You will not benefit from it in any way.
In fact, the hijacker will only slow down you online surfing speed and expose you to unreliable content. We recommend that you terminate Smartsearchesonline.com without further delay.
The website that is now set as your home page and default search provider is Smartsearchesonline.com. It contains a search box and such search suggestions as Low Airfares, Hotel Reservations, Party Dresses, Home Workouts, Weight Loss Diets, and more. If you use the search engine to look for relevant information online, you will be bound to encounter sponsored links. Unfortunately, you will see advertising data on other sites that you visit as well. Keep in mind that not all of it is safe. Clicking on fake ads could result in serious consequences, which is why we advise that you avoid all adverts until you delete Smartsearchesonline.com for good.
Other symptoms of the hijacker include constant redirects to unfamiliar pages, Internet slow downs, sluggish computer performance, and more. What you should also know is that the hijacker tracks your cookies thus recording details of your online browsing. It collects such data as your visited pages, clicked ads, made searches, and so on. This data can be sold to third parties and used for marketing purposes. Although the collected information is non-personally identifiable, that does not that you should share it with unknown sources. This is a yet another reason for you not to hesitate with Smartsearchesonline.com removal.
How to delete Smartsearchesonline.com?
You can remove Smartsearchesonline.com manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you will have to uninstall the software with which it entered your PC and then reset your browsers. Both of these tasks are described in the manual removal guide below the article. Alternatively, you eliminate Smartsearchesonline.com automatically by implementing the anti-malware tool from our page. The utility will scan your PC and detect all unwanted components. It will remove Smartsearchesonline.com along with them. Moreover, it will also protect your computer from similar and more dangerous parasites you may encounter while browsing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Smartsearchesonline.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Smartsearchesonline.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Smartsearchesonline.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Smartsearchesonline.com and related programs.
Remove Smartsearchesonline.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Smartsearchesonline.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Smartsearchesonline.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Smartsearchesonline.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Smartsearchesonline.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Smartsearchesonline.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Smartsearchesonline.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Smartsearchesonline.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Smartsearchesonline.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Smartsearchesonline.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.