What is Socopoco.com?
Socopoco.com belongs to Socopoco Ltd. and is classified as a browser hijacker. It is compatible with all major web browsers, so you should notice its symptoms no matter which one you use. These symptoms include it changing your preferences, exposing you to suspicious ads, causing redirects, and more. The goal of the unwanted app is to generate web traffic and thus make money for Socopoco Ltd. Computer users do not benefit from the hijacker, quite the opposite, in fact. If you wish to go back to safer and faster browsing, you should get rid of Socopoco.com without hesitation.
How does Socopoco.com work?
Browser hijackers spread on the Internet through free software bundles. This means that they get attached to freeware and shareware and appear in their installation wizards as optional offers. Unfortunately, most users pay little attention to the installation process and so they agree to adding unwanted apps unknowingly. Make sure that you do not make this mistake again as it can be avoided. All you need to do is install software in the Advanced mode and deselect all components that are not essential for your installation to be complete.
The main symptom of the hijacker is the modified browser settings, namely, your home page and default search engine. These settings get switched to Socopoco.com. The website does not look suspicious as it resembles popular search portals. However, you should not be fooled by that. The hijacker will expose you to sponsored links and other ads that will appear in your search results and on other pages that you visit. Staying away from these ads is the smartest thing you can do, because they are not endorsed or monitored by anyone. The adverts could be fake and there is no reason why you should risk your online safety by interacting with them. In order to eliminate the unreliable content altogether, you will have to terminate Socopoco.com.
How to remove Socopoco.com?
We offer you two options that you can choose from, when it comes to Socopoco.com removal: manual or automatic. The automatic removal is the more effective and beneficial solution, because it will allow you to clean your PC from other threats as well. If you implement the utility from our site, it will scan your system, detect all issues, and delete Socopoco.com along with them. It will also keep your computer safeguarded from other online parasites. The alternative solution is to erase Socopoco.com manually. It can be completed by uninstalling the hijacker’s related app and fixing your browser settings. More detailed instructions are presented in the manual Socopoco.com removal guide below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Socopoco.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Socopoco.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Socopoco.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Socopoco.com and related programs.
Remove Socopoco.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Socopoco.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Socopoco.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Socopoco.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Socopoco.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Socopoco.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Socopoco.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Socopoco.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Socopoco.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Socopoco.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.