What is SportsAddict?
SportsAddict is promoted as a browser toolbar that can provide you with the latest sports-related news. The app belongs to APN, LLC and is classified as a potentially unwanted program. The reason that it falls into this category is its distribution method and the actions that it takes, once it gets installed. The program uses the bundling method to spread online and is known to insert advertisements into the pages visited by the user, not to mention changing the settings in all installed browsers. If you do not wish to deal with the toolbar’s drawbacks, you should terminate SportsAddict without hesitation.
How does SportsAddict work?
Although you may have acquired the application on purpose, if you are interested in sports, it is much more likely that this app has entered your PC without your notice, when you were installing other freeware. The toolbar uses the bundling distribution method and gets attached to free third party software that you can download from pages like softonic.com, cnet.com, filehippo.com, and similar. When you install software from these websites, you need to be especially cautious, otherwise you will agree to installing unwanted apps without even realizing it. Always choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers presented to you.
There are several symptoms linked to the unwanted application. First, it changes your browser settings upon arrival replacing your home page, new tab, and default search engine. Moreover, the program floods your web browsers with various advertisements. You may also experience redirects to unfamiliar pages. Please note that the advertising content could be unreliable. We advise that you avoid clicking on it, because you may end up on a corrupted page containing a scam. If you do not wish to infect your computer with harmful programs or suffer other consequences of falling for a scam, you should eliminate SportsAddict from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove SportsAddict?
There are two ways you can get rid of SportsAddict: manually or automatically. We suggest the automatic removal option, because it will allow you to clean your PC from other threats as well. If you implement the anti-malware tool from our site, it will scan your system, detect all unwanted files and programs, and erase SportsAddict along with them. In addition to that, the utility will also protect your computer from other online infections that you may encounter in the future. The alternative solution is manual SportsAddict removal. You can uninstall SportsAddict manually via Control Panel. Make sure that you also fix your browser settings afterwards. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented right below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SportsAddictUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SportsAddict. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SportsAddict and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SportsAddict and related programs.
Remove SportsAddict from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SportsAddict from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SportsAddict from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SportsAddict from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SportsAddict or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SportsAddict from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SportsAddict from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SportsAddict from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SportsAddict from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SportsAddict and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.