Start.iminent.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Start.iminent.com)
If Start.iminent.com has suddenly replaced your home page and default search provider, it means that you are dealing with a browser hijacker. This hijacker usually enters your PC when you install a product from the Iminent group. These products usually have official websites where they can be downloaded, however, they also travel bundled with freeware.
They get installed in the form of toolbars. Some of them provide you with custom smileys and emoticons that you can use while chatting online. Unfortunately, these toolbars are not completely safe. We suggest that you eliminate Start.iminent.com from your browsers and delete its associated program from your PC.
How does Start.iminent.com work?
Iminent Toolbars belong to the Conduit family. When you install them, you also acquire the browser hijacker. The main symptom of the hijacker is that it changes your home page, new tab, and default search provider to Start.iminent.com. This site itself may not differ that much from the other search portals, although it does have a suspicious ad on it. It also contains a search box that shows you original results that consist mostly of sponsored links. We suggest that you avoid all commercial data that is brought to you by the hijacker regardless of where you see. Keep in mind that it will not be limited to the hijacker’s main page.
Start.iminent.com will also track your cookies and collect information about your online browsing habits. It can use this data including what sites you visit, what ads you click on, what you search for, and so on, in order to create personalized ads. The more relevant the adverts appear to be, the more chances there are that you will click on them. The developers of the hijacker make profit every time you click on the presented links. Unfortunately, they are not all safe. We advise that you delete Start.iminent.com from your browsers and thus return to secure and uninterrupted online surfing.
How to remove Start.iminent.com?
You can erase Start.iminent.com in one of two ways: manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal, you will have to uninstall the Iminent application from your computer that entered it together with the hijacker, and then remove Start.iminent.com from your browsers. You can use the instructions presented below the article in case you need further assistance. If, on the other hand, you decide to delete Start.iminent.com automatically, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. You can download one from our page and use it to scan your system. Once the scan is complete, you will be able to terminate Start.iminent.com along with other threats with a click of a button. The software will also keep your PC shielded from other online infections as long as you have it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Start.iminent.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Start.iminent.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Start.iminent.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Start.iminent.com and related programs.
Remove Start.iminent.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Start.iminent.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Start.iminent.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Start.iminent.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Start.iminent.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Start.iminent.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Start.iminent.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Start.iminent.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Start.iminent.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Start.iminent.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.