What is Start.prss.to?
Start.prss.to is promoted as a tool that allows you to access your favorite websites from one place. It is a customizable new tab page that you can personalize according to your interests. Although that may seem like a beneficial feature, it should also be mentioned that Start.prss.to is classified as a browser hijacker. It may access your browsers and change your preferences without your permission. If you do not remember adding the extension to your browsers, it is rather likely that you acquired it together with other freeware, possibly, by accident. If you want to go back to your previous settings, you will have to get rid of Start.prss.to.
How does Start.prss.to work?
The hijacker sets Start.prss.to as your home page and default search engine. This site contains several features. It presents you with a search box, quick access buttons to Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Pinterest, and Wikipedia, and various links to articles divided into such categories as Recipes, Foodies, Home, Wellness, and more topics that you can add yourself. The search box provided on the page reroutes you to Search.yahoo.com. These results are relevant to the queries that you make, however, they also contain sponsored links.
Other advertising data will show up in your browsers as well, because the hijacker promotes third party content. The ads will appear not only on the hijacker’s main site, but on other pages as well. Some of them will be based on your surfing habits as the hijacker tracks your cookies and collects information about your online activities. It is important that you know that the advertisements are not endorsed by the program and clicking on them is your own responsibility. You will be exposed to fake ads, which is why we suggest that you stay away from all adverts until you delete Start.prss.to from your browsers.
How to remove Start.prss.to?
You can eliminate Start.prss.to from your browsers by choosing one of the two following methods: manual or automatic. Manual Start.prss.to removal requires you to identify and uninstall the application with which the hijacker has arrived on your PC and fixing your web browser preferences. More detailed instructions are presented in the manual removal guide below. The alternative solution is to terminate Start.prss.to automatically. You will need to implement an anti-malware utility. It will scan and clean your PC. The security software will not only erase Start.prss.to, but it will also ensure that your computer stays clean and safeguarded in the future by providing it with a real-time online protection feature.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Start.prss.toUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Start.prss.to. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Start.prss.to and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Start.prss.to and related programs.
Remove Start.prss.to from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Start.prss.to from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Start.prss.to from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Start.prss.to from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Start.prss.to or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Start.prss.to from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Start.prss.to from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Start.prss.to from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Start.prss.to from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Start.prss.to and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.