Startpage-home.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Startpage-home.com)
Startpage-home.com is a browser hijacker that belongs to SweetLabs, Inc. It can enter your computer without your notice and modify your browser settings. The hijacker affects all well-known web browsers. Its main aim is to flood you with commercial data.
That is why it will show you sponsored links in your search results, inject ads into your visited pages, reroute you to its sponsors, and so on. If you want to eliminate these symptoms from your browsers and go back to your original preferences, you will have to delete Startpage-home.com.
If the hijacker has taken over your browsers, you will see Startpage-home.com website every time you go online. Your new tab and default search provider will be modified as well. Your new home page does not contain too many features. It presents you with a search box, the Settings button, which allows you to choose your default language, and two links to Privacy and Contact Us. If you enter a query into the search box, you will see results from Google Custom Search. Keep in mind that these results can contain sponsored links, which you should not trust blindly.
In addition to altering your browser settings, the hijacker will also cause other problems. It will track your cookies and collect information about your online browsing habits. This information may be used for different purposes including creating targeted ads. In general, you will be flooded with all kinds of advertisements. Some of them may appear more useful than others, because of the collected and analyzed data. What you should know is that any one of these ads can be fake. Clicking on fake adverts could result in unwanted consequences like malware infections or financial losses. If you want to eliminate the suspicious ads from your browsers, you will have to terminate Startpage-home.com.
How to remove Startpage-home.com?
You can delete Startpage-home.com in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual removal can be completed by terminating the hijacker’s related application and restoring your web browser settings. These tasks are described in more detail in the manual Startpage-home.com removal guide presented below the article. If, on the other, you decide that you want to eliminate Startpage-home.com automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted components. You will be able to remove Startpage-home.com along with them. In addition to cleaning your PC, the utility will also provide you with real-time online protection as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Startpage-home.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Startpage-home.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Startpage-home.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Startpage-home.com and related programs.
Remove Startpage-home.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Startpage-home.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Startpage-home.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Startpage-home.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Startpage-home.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Startpage-home.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Startpage-home.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Startpage-home.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Startpage-home.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Startpage-home.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.