How to remove Suptab
Suptab, also known as Lightning New Tab and IETabPage Class, is classified as a potentially unwanted application. It travels in free software bundles and often enters your system with other unwanted programs. It is used as an adware or a browser helper object by these programs. It has been linked to various adware and browser hijackers including Awesomehp.com, Istart123.com, and others.
That is why you may be concerned when you find this program on your computer, especially if you do not remember installing it yourself. If that is the case, we advise that you delete Suptab along with its related apps from your PC.
Suptab is promoted as a new tab page for Internet Explorer that will improve your browsing experience. It has an official webpage, but its main distribution method is bundling. The application gets attached to free third party software and appears in the installation wizard as an optional offer. What you should also know is that it rarely is the only offer in the wizard. It usually enters your PC with other potentially unwanted apps like adware and browser hijackers. Although these programs are not malicious, so they cannot harm your system, that does not mean that there is anything useful about them either.
Once a browser hijacker or an ad-supported application like Istart123.com, Awesomehp.com, or similar gets access to your computer, you will notice several changes. If you are dealing with a hijacker, your browser settings including your home page and search engine will be modified. Other symptoms are more or less the same for both types of these unwanted programs. They flood you with unreliable ads and reroute you to their sponsor pages, which could be unsafe as well. In addition to that, they also slow down your browsing and your system speed. You should not tolerate these inconveniences. We urge you to terminate Suptab along with other unwanted applications as soon as you can.
How to remove Suptab?
In order to delete Suptab, you can implement the malware removal tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect all unwanted programs, and eliminate Suptab together with them. The malware remover also functions as a security tool, so it can help you keep your computer safe from similar and more serious Internet-based infections in the future. That is why we advise that you go with automatic Suptab removal option. However, it is also possible to uninstall Suptab manually. If you choose to go with this option instead, you are welcome to use the instructions prepared in the manual removal guide below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SupTabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SupTab. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SupTab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall SupTab and related programs.
Remove SupTab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SupTab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SupTab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SupTab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SupTab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SupTab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SupTab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SupTab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SupTab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SupTab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.