Surf-live.com is a browser hijacker, promoting a dubious search engine. If you find it loading when you launch your browser, make sure you delete Surf-live.com immediately. It will make changes to your browsers and attempt to redirect you to sponsored or even malicious pages. Browser hijackers like to pretend to be useful tools so that users would allow them to remain on the system but that is that last thing you should do.
While hijackers are not malicious themselves, there are some that could lead you to malware-ridden websites where you could encounter serious trouble. And the fact that hijackers use quite a sneaky method to infect computers makes it that much more untrustworthy. Surf-live.com was most likely attached to some free software that you installed and that is how it sneaked into your computer. Make sure you remove Surf-live.com as soon as possible.
How does Surf-live.com spread?
Browser hijackers need your permission to infect computers and they get it without you even noticing. You must have recently installed free software and did not notice that Surf-live.com was attached as an extra offer. You must have used Default settings and since those settings do not show added items,Surf-live.com was allowed to install. Instead of Default, what you should do is use Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will show you everything that has been added and you will be able to deselect it/them. All you need to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and that will be enough. Refrain from using Default settings because you will end up having to delete Surf-live.com and akin threats constantly.
Why uninstall Surf-live.com?
Just like any other hijacker, Surf-live.com will infect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once it has changed the settings, you will not be able to change them back. You’ll have to first remove Surf-live.com from the system and then manually alter the settings. Until then, you are stuck with Surf-live.com loading on your screen whenever you open your browser. If you do type in something into the provided search box, you would be shown highly suspicious results. Most of them will probably be sponsored content since hijackers aim to redirect you. Pressing on them should not be something you do because those sites will have nothing to do with what you were searching for. Some sites might even be malicious and you could end up with a malware infection. You need to terminate Surf-live.com promptly.
Now that you realize how important it is to uninstall Surf-live.com, you have to chose the Surf-live.com removal method. You can do it manually but bear in mind that you’ll have to find the hijacker yourself which may become time-consuming. If you want the quickest way, choose to erase Surf-live.com using anti-spyware software. Pick whichever way suits you best but make sure you eliminate Surf-live.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Surf-live.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Surf-live.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Surf-live.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Surf-live.com and related programs.
Remove Surf-live.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Surf-live.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Surf-live.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Surf-live.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Surf-live.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Surf-live.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Surf-live.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Surf-live.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Surf-live.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Surf-live.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.