Surfself.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Surfself.com)
Surfself.com is a yet another browser hijacker that appears to be useful at first, but soon you realize that its main purpose has nothing to do with improving your online experience. Browser hijackers are aimed at generating web traffic, which is why in addition to changing your settings, Surfself.com will also flood you with ads, cause redirects, track your cookies, and more.
It is compatible with all popular web browsers, so you will not be able to miss its symptoms, once it enters your system. As there is nothing particularly useful about the hijacker and it causes lots of unnecessary disruptions, we advise that you terminate Surfself.com without delay.
How does Surfself.com work?
The hijacker switches your home page and default search engine to Surfself.com as soon as it gets installed. The website that you now see each time you go online contains a search box and links to YouTube, Yahoo!, Facebook, Instagram, and other well-known sites. If you enter a term into the box, you will get original results, however, they will include sponsored links. You should know that these sponsored links may be irrelevant or even unsafe.
Unfortunately, the advertising content brought to you by the hijacker will not be limited to its main site. You will see pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads no matter where you go online. It does not matter if the pages you visit will have nothing to do with shopping, they will still contain the commercial data. You may get redirected to sponsor websites as well. These actions will considerably slow down your surfing speed. They will also expose you to unsafe content. We advise against clicking on the advertisements, because they may lead you to corrupted domains containing various scams. If you wish to keep your PC and personal data protected, you should not hesitate to delete Surfself.com from your browsers.
How to remove Surfself.com?
The sooner you delete Surfself.com, the sooner you can return to your original settings. You can terminate the hijacker manually or automatically. Automatic Surfself.com removal is more effective, which is why we recommend this option. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will scan your PC and detect all potential issues. The security software will eliminate Surfself.com together with other unwanted components. More than that, it will keep your computer safeguarded from future online threats. The alternative solution is to remove Surfself.com manually. If you decide to choose this option, you are welcome to use the manual removal guide presented right below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Surfself.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Surfself.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Surfself.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Surfself.com and related programs.
Remove Surfself.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Surfself.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Surfself.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Surfself.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Surfself.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Surfself.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Surfself.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Surfself.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Surfself.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Surfself.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.