What is Sweetpacks-search.com?
Sweetpacks-search.com is a browser hijacker that takes over your browsers after you install Sweetpacks Toolbar. It is possible that you acquired the toolbar by accident, because it spreads online in freeware and shareware bundles. There is nothing beneficial about the utility, which is why it uses the bundling method that allows it to enter your system without your notice. The main purpose of the hijacker is to boost Web traffic. It does so by generating advertisements, causing redirects to its sponsor sites, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete Sweetpacks-search.com from your browsers.
How does Sweetpacks-search.com work?
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker gets distributed together with its related application in free software bundles. During the installation of freeware, you are usually presented with additional offers. These offers include potentially unwanted programs and adware. If you fail to notice them, you agree to them automatically. That is most likely how you acquired Sweetpacks Toolbar. Please note that you can avoid unwanted applications. All you need to do is install free software in the Advanced mode and decline the optional offers that you see in the wizard.
Once the unnecessary program gets installed, it adds a toolbar to your browsers and alters their settings. Your home page and default search engine get replaced with Sweetpacks-search.com. This site presents you with a search box and a fake ad. We advise against interacting with the page in any way. Clicking on the fake ad may result in you landing on a malicious site, while the so-called search provider may show you results containing unreliable sponsored links. You should keep in mind that none of the adverts shown to you by the hijacker can be trusted, because none of them are endorsed by it. You will be exposed to fake ads, clicking on which could result in serious consequences. To make sure that does not happen, you should terminate Sweetpacks-search.com right away.
How to remove Sweetpacks-search.com?
You can choose between manual and automatic methods, when it comes to Sweetpacks-search.com removal. If you want to erase Sweetpacks-search.com manually, you need to uninstall Sweetpacks Toolbar from your computer and your browser extensions first. Once you do that, you can move on to fixing your browser settings. Instructions presented below the article can help you with these tasks. If, on the other hand, you decide to eliminate Sweetpacks-search.com automatically, you will need a malware removal tool. The anti-malware from our page can perform a full system scan and delete all unwanted components that it detects. In addition to Sweetpacks-search.com removal, it will also safeguard your PC from future online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Sweetpacks-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Sweetpacks-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com and related programs.
Remove Sweetpacks-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Sweetpacks-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Sweetpacks-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Sweetpacks-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Sweetpacks-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Sweetpacks-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Sweetpacks-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Sweetpacks-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Sweetpacks-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.