What is Tangosearch.com?
Tangosearch.com falls into the category of browser hijackers as it can alter your browser settings without your permission. It usually enters computers with potentially unwanted apps via freeware or shareware bundles. The main symptom of the hijacker is the settings modification, however, it makes other changes as well, none of which are in any way beneficial to computer users. It affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. If you wish to go back to your previous settings, you should get rid of Tangosearch.com right away.
How does Tangosearch.com work?
You will see the Tangosearch.com website every time that you open your browsers. It will be set as your home page and default search provider. The site will present you with a search box and links to various shopping and gaming domains. The page is also likely to contains several ads. If you make use of the search box, you will see sponsored links as well. It is clear that the hijacker attempts to expose you to as much advertising data as possible. Unfortunately, this data will not be limited to the main site. You will also see various adverts on other pages that you visit. Keep in mind, none of them are endorsed by the hijacker, so you click on them at your own risk. If you do not wish to deal with online scams, you should avoid all ads at least until you terminate Tangosearch.com.
Other symptoms of the hijacker include Internet slow downs, redirects, sluggish PC performance, and more. The hijacker also tracks your cookies and records data about your online habits. This data is then sold to third parties or used for marketing purposes by the hijacker itself. There is no reason why you should be comfortable with sharing your details with unknown sources.
How to remove Tangosearch.com?
In order to eliminate Tangosearch.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall the program with which it got installed and then restore your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. Manual Tangosearch.com removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them, however, it would be better to go with automatic removal instead. If you implement the anti-malware from our site, it will scan and clean your PC completely. The security tool will not only delete Tangosearch.com, but also take care of other threats. In addition to Tangosearch.com removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Tangosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tangosearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tangosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tangosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Tangosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tangosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tangosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tangosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tangosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tangosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tangosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tangosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tangosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tangosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.