What is Taplika.com?
Taplika.com is a browser hijacker, identical to luckypageing123.com and startpageing123.com. As is the case with all browser hijackers, it gets installed through software bundles because you do not pay enough attention to how you install software. Fortunately for you, Taplika.com is not malicious and it will not harm your computer directly. But it will still behave in an irritating manner. It will alter your browser’s settings and potentially gather certain information about your browsing habits. Browser hijackers have no place on your computer and it is also worth noting that hijackers can sometimes lead users to potentially dangerous websites. If such a page is entered, the possibility of picking up malware is that much higher. You probably do not need much convincing but you should delete Taplika.com as soon as possible.
Why should you remove Taplika.com?
Potentially unwanted programs like Taplika.com travel via software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside it if you do not notice it. Those items are option and can be deselected but that can only be done in Advanced (Custom) installation mode. When installing free software, choose Advanced settings, deselect the added items and you can then proceed to install the freeware. Do not opt for Default settings because in them, you will not be able to deselect anything and will be basically giving those added items the permission to install. Had you selected Advanced when you installed freeware, you would not need to worry about having to uninstall Taplika.com.
A browser hijacker will alter your browser’s settings as soon as it is installed onto your computer. In this case, you will suddenly find that Taplika.com has hijacked all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and has set itself as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are made without your permission and cannot be undone unless you first remove Taplika.com from your computer. As soon as you see Taplika.com, you will immediately think something is wrong as it does not look like a legitimate search engine. If you try to use it, you will be redirected Google. It would not be surprising if it managed to alter your search results to include sponsored content as browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting users to those web pages. Taplika.com might also be monitoring your browsing activities and gathering data about what web pages you visit and what you search for. That information could then be sold to third-parties. A hijacker should not remain on your computer, therefore, delete Taplika.com.
If you think you can locate this hijacker yourself, you can opt for manual Taplika.com removal. We will provide instructions to help you erase Taplika.com fully yourself. However, if you cannot find it, we suggest you obtain a professional removal tool that will uninstall Taplika.com for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Taplika.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Taplika.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Taplika.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Taplika.com and related programs.
Remove Taplika.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Taplika.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Taplika.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Taplika.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Taplika.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Taplika.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Taplika.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Taplika.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Taplika.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Taplika.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.