About TelevisionFanatic by MyWay
TelevisionFanatic by MyWay is a browser extension that supposedly allows you to watch popular shows. It is also classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. There are two ways it could have gotten into your computer, you either installed it yourself or it was attached to freeware that you installed.
In the case of the latter, you need to start paying closer attention to how you install programs because you essentially allowed TelevisionFanatic by MyWay to install yourself. It will not harm your computer directly but it will change your browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored web pages. This is the main reason why a hijacker even exists. It makes money by redirecting you. Sometimes, the hijackers can even lead users to malicious pages where malware is waiting. Do not allow this hijacker to remain on your computer. Uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay.
How does TelevisionFanatic by MyWay spread?
If you do not recall obtaining it from the official web page, it must have entered your computer together with software bundles. It was attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside. Since it is set to install, you need manually deselect it during freeware installation. Use Advanced or Custom settings and you will be able to deselect everything that has been added. Do not rush through the installation process because that is why you are stuck having to remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from the computer.
Why delete TelevisionFanatic by MyWay?
Once this PUP installs onto your computer, it will take over your browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It will make changes to your browser and will set a different homepage. If you did not install TelevisionFanatic by MyWay willingly, these changes will come as a surprise because you were not asked to permit these changes. You will be stuck with search.myway.com as your homepage until you uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from the computer. You will be provided with a search engine that we do not suggest using. Even if it says ‘Enhanced by Google’ do not be fooled. It will insert sponsored content into the results so that it can redirect you to sponsored pages. It makes money by redirecting you so do not be surprised if you constantly end up on weird web pages. You could even be brought to malicious sites where malware is lurking. So that you do not risk getting your computer infected, we suggest you remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWay.
TelevisionFanatic by MyWay removal
If you choose to delete TelevisionFanatic by MyWay, you have two options. You can use professional removal software and that would be the quickest option to erase TelevisionFanatic by MyWay because the program would do everything for you. Manual TelevisionFanatic by MyWay removal may be complex but we will provide instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWayUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like TelevisionFanatic by MyWay and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay and related programs.
Remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TelevisionFanatic by MyWay or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TelevisionFanatic by MyWay from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TelevisionFanatic by MyWay and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.