What is Thecouponstore.co?
Thecouponstore.co is a browser hijacker, sometimes refereed to as a redirect virus. Referring to a hijacker as malware would not be correct as it is not malicious. But that is not to say that it should remain on your computer. It will make changes to your browser and set a new homepage so that it could redirect you easier.
Redirecting users to sponsored pages is one of the main reasons why hijackers even exist. While they are not malicious themselves, they can expose you to unreliable content, which could, in the worst case scenario, lead to malware. It should be noted that you allowed to the hijacker to enter your computer yourself when you were installing freeware. Since no one would willingly install them, they are sneakily attached to freeware and that allows them to install alongside. You should not delay the inevitable and remove Thecouponstore.co.
Why should you delete Thecouponstore.co?
If the hijacker is installed onto your system, your homepage on all leading browsers will be set to Thecouponstore.co. There is not need to panic when you notice these changes. It does not mean malware has entered your computer, it just means that you have a hijacker on your hands. These changes may be carried out without your permission and you might struggle with trying to change them. If the hijacker keeps changing them back, then you need to uninstall Thecouponstore.co. If you see a search engine displayed on the website, we suggest you do not engage with it. It is likely that it will insert advertisements into the search results. You would be taken to all kinds of unrelated and weird pages, and some of them may be unsafe. You could run into malware and end up infecting your computer. In any case, Thecouponstore.co will not provide you with anything useful to make it worth keeping it. We suggest you remove Thecouponstore.co.
If you notice the hijacker, that means you need to develop better installation habits. When installing freeware, be aware that it may have some kind of items attached to it, such as adware or hijackers. They can be prevented from installing together with the freeware but you need to do is manually. Use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation, and you will see what has been added. Just uncheck the boxes of those items and you can continue installing the freeware. Rushing through the installation process would be a big mistake as there is a possibility you are allowing all kinds of unwanted items to install. If you do not want to have to delete Thecouponstore.co or similar again, pay attention to what you install.
Thecouponstore.co removal can be executed in two ways, manually and automatically. If you choose the latter option, you will have to get anti-malware software. This is the recommended option as the program would locate and uninstall Thecouponstore.co for you. If you choose to eliminate Thecouponstore.co manually, you will have to search for the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Thecouponstore.coUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Thecouponstore.co. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Thecouponstore.co and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Thecouponstore.co and related programs.
Remove Thecouponstore.co from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Thecouponstore.co from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Thecouponstore.co from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Thecouponstore.co from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Thecouponstore.co or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Thecouponstore.co from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Thecouponstore.co from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Thecouponstore.co from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Thecouponstore.co from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Thecouponstore.co and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.