What is Thesearch.net?
Thesearch.net is a web browser hijacker that can alter you settings without your permission. It does not differ much from other programs that belong to this category. The hijacker affects all popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others. Its goal is to expose you to as much advertising data as possible. Every time you click on one of the ads, the hijacker’s developers make profit. There is nothing useful about the so-called search tool for you personally. We advise that you terminate Thesearch.net without further delay.
How does Thesearch.net work?
As soon as the hijacker takes over your browsers, it sets your home page and default search engine to Thesearch.net. The page only contains a search box, which presents you with results that are filled with sponsored links. These links may be unreliable. The hijacker will insert various advertisements into other pages that you visit as well. You will see ads no matter where you choose to go on the Internet. Keep in mind that some of these ads are fake. Clicking on them may lead to such unwanted consequences as malware infections, data corruption, financial losses, and so on.
Other symptoms that will keep bothering you until you get rid of Thesearch.net are random redirects to unfamiliar websites, Internet surfing slow downs, sluggish computer performance, and more. You should also know that the hijacker tracks your cookies thus collecting information about your online browsing habits. It records such data as your visited pages, clicked adverts, searched terms, and so on. These details can be used for marketing purposes and sold to or share with third parties. You should not tolerate that. If your online privacy and safety is a priority to you, you should delete Thesearch.net from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Thesearch.net?
In order to eliminate Thesearch.net for good, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. We advise that you go with automatic removal, because it is more beneficial. If you implement the anti-malware tool from our page, it will scan your system and detect all potential threats. It will delete Thesearch.net and other unwanted components without any difficulty. Moreover, it will keep your computer safeguarded as long as it stays installed and updated. The alternative solution is manual Thesearch.net removal. It requires you to fix your browsers and delete potentially unwanted apps from your system. Instructions on how to erase Thesearch.net manually are presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove thesearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall thesearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like thesearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall thesearch.net and related programs.
Remove thesearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall thesearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete thesearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove thesearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for thesearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete thesearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase thesearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove thesearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall thesearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable thesearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.