time-to-read.ru is a browser hijacker that is aimed at Russian-speaking users. It can enter your computer via free software and once it does, it will alter your browser’s settings. It’s not a malicious virus and will not harm your computer directly, but can still bring you trouble. It will redirect you to sponsored websites in order to generate traffic and while that is annoying, it can also be dangerous. time-to-read.ru will also generate intrusive ads that will follow you everywhere on the Internet. We don’t see a reason why you should keep this unreliable browser hijacker on your computer, therefore, we suggest you remove time-to-read.ru.
How does time-to-read.ru spread?
time-to-read.ru spreads via software bundles. It’s attached as one of those optional items that you can choose to install. The problem is, it hides in Advanced (Custom) settings, so if you use Default you will not notice it and, therefore, give it permission to install. That is why you always need to use Advanced settings. Next time you install freeware, use those settings and you will be surprised at how many potentially unwanted items are attached to freeware. You can uncheck them and they will not install. It’s that simple. If it managed to slither into your computer, delete time-to-read.ru.
Why should I uninstall time-to-read.ru?
When it installs onto your computer, time-to-read.ru will alter your browser’s settings and set its domain as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It can hijack most browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari), and once it does, every time you open it, you will be redirected to time-to-read.ru. You will also notice that you cannot change the settings back, unless you remove time-to-read.ru first. If you use the search engine, you will get a lot of sponsored content and that can be annoying when you are actually looking for something. You can also be led to a unreliable website and end up with malware on your computer. The reason it redirects you to certain websites is because it wants to generate traffic for those websites and in that way earn money. So time-to-read.ru is a money making tool and it’s not there to make your browsing more pleasurable. We suggest you uninstall time-to-read.ru before it brings you trouble.
In order to delete time-to-read.ru, you might need anti-malware software. While manual time-to-read.ru removal is possible, some users struggle with it. Instructions on how to erase time-to-read.ru will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove time-to-read.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall time-to-read.ru. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like time-to-read.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall time-to-read.ru and related programs.
Remove time-to-read.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall time-to-read.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete time-to-read.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove time-to-read.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for time-to-read.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete time-to-read.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase time-to-read.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove time-to-read.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall time-to-read.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable time-to-read.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.