What exactly is this threat?
Topchartslist.com pop-ups are most likely caused by an ad-supported program (adware) on your computer. Adware is not malicious, although users might think otherwise when ads start popping up everywhere. They appear randomly even when browsing completely legitimate sites, which makes them so irritating.
The adware entered your computer when you were installing freeware and because you did not notice it being attached, it was allowed to install. You need to develop better installation habits and we will include a section in this article to help you. We should mention that while adware is not malicious itself, some of the shown ads could be malicious and could lead to a serious infection. In any case, even if adware was completely harmless, we doubt you’d want to keep a program that constantly shows you ads. Remove Topchartslist.com.
How did adware even end up on your computer?
Adware can be obtained very easily while getting rid of it is difficult. It’s usually attached to free software as an extra offer. Those offers are allowed to install alongside the freeware if you do not deselect them. Most users do not, simply because they are not aware of anything being attached. They use Default settings, and that is a big mistake. What they should do instead is use Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings show everything that has been attached and if there’s a need, users are allowed to deselect everything. Be more vigilant when you install programs and you will not need to delete Topchartslist.com or similar later on.
What does adware do?
When adware is present on your computer, it’s quite obvious because you will see an increase in ads, the most irritating of which are pop-ups. They will appear on all popular browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You might put up with them for a while but bear in mind that the only way to get rid of the ads is to uninstall Topchartslist.com. Adware wants you to click on as many ads possible so that it could make pay-per-click revenue. It can also make the ads more personalized by collecting certain information about you. If the pop-ups offer you to obtain some kind of program, keep in mind that this is a great way to spread malware. Never download anything from such unreliable sources and only trust legitimate sites to provide you with secure downloads. Otherwise, you are putting your computer in jeopardy. We strongly suggest you take the time and remove Topchartslist.com immediately.
Adware is hiding so manual Topchartslist.com removal could be time-consuming and complex. If you do not think you can carry it out you manually, obtain anti-spyware software. The program will locate and delete Topchartslist.com for you. Only after you uninstall Topchartslist.com adware will you be able to go back to browsing as usual, adware ads-free.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Topchartslist.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Topchartslist.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Topchartslist.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Topchartslist.com and related programs.
Remove Topchartslist.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Topchartslist.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Topchartslist.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Topchartslist.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Topchartslist.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Topchartslist.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Topchartslist.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Topchartslist.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Topchartslist.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Topchartslist.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.