Toptonews.net redirects are brought about by an adware program installed on your computer. It is not a malicious virus and it will not harm your computer directly but that does not mean it is harmless. It will take over your browsers and start redirecting you to advertisements. This is how it generates profit. Users usually install adware when they install free software.
If something is attached to the freeware users are installing, in a lot of cases that something goes unnoticed, which allows it to install. Additionally, while adware is a relatively low-level threat, it can still expose you to dangerous content. You might end up with a serious malware infection if you are not careful. You need to uninstall Toptonews.net immediately but we doubt you need more encouraging. After all, it is annoying you with random redirects.
How does Toptonews.net spread?
Adware installs together with free software. When installing freeware, be aware of possible items attached to it. If you do not wish to get nasty surprises, always use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing programs. You will see if anything has been attached. If there is something, you need to deselect it/them. Just uncheck the items of all attached items and you can proceed to install the software without issues. We do not recommend rushing through installation processes because that is exactly why you are stuck having to delete Toptonews.net.
How does Toptonews.net act?
This adware will affect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will experience redirects at random times even if you click on something legitimate. Since the problem will continue on all browsers, you cannot just switch to another one and hope that the issues resolves itself. The only way to achieve that is to remove Toptonews.net. Adware aims to make money by exposing you to ads so you will encounter them all the time. Some of them might not always be safe. You may be offered some software/update and if you were to download it, you could end up with serious malware on your computer. Do not trust random pop-ups to provide you with secure downloads. If you want to get a program/update, you need to get it from the official/legitimate page. We also suggest not partaking in any surveys as they are used to obtain personal information that could be used for malicious purposes. If you care about your computer’s security, you should uninstall Toptonews.net.
There are two ways to delete Toptonews.net, manually and automatically. If you choose automatic Toptonews.net removal, you will have to obtain professional removal software and allow it to remove Toptonews.net for you. You can erase Toptonews.net manually if you wish but you will have to locate it yourself and many users struggle with that. After you erase Toptonews.net, you can go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Toptonews.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Toptonews.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Toptonews.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Toptonews.net and related programs.
Remove Toptonews.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Toptonews.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Toptonews.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Toptonews.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Toptonews.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Toptonews.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Toptonews.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Toptonews.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Toptonews.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Toptonews.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.