Torrenttab.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Torrenttab.com)
Torrenttab.com may seem like a good website to have as your home page for movie and TV fans who download video using torrent files, however, this browser hijacker comes with quite a few drawbacks. First of all, it is rather likely that it took over your browsers without your notice. That is because it travels bundled with other freeware.
Secondly, the hijacker causes redirects to unreliable sites and shows you various fake adverts. If you do not wish to deal with these and other symptoms of the infection, you should remove Torrenttab.com as soon as possible.
Once the hijacker enters your system, it sets Torrenttab.com as your home page and default search provider. The website contains a search box and lots of quick access links like Homeland, Elementary, Harry Potter, Martian, Sherlock, Hunger Games, and other movie, TV show, and even game titles, clicking on which reroutes you to a results page containing various sites where these files can be downloaded. It is clear that this search engine only provides results that have to do with torrents. You will not be able to use it to look for other information online.
What you will notice right away is that every time you interact with the page in any way, you get presented with pop-ups or redirected to a random website. Needless to say, these sites should not be trusted, because they are very likely to contain various online scams. You could be urged to participate in a lottery or complete a survey, however, in reality you would only be providing cyber crooks with your personal details. There are plenty of other scams that could lead to unwanted consequences like wasting your money or even infecting your PC with malign apps. If you want to eliminate the unreliable content from your browsers, you will have to delete Torrenttab.com for good.
How to remove Torrenttab.com?
You can eliminate Torrenttab.com from your browsers by uninstalling the application with which it got installed onto your computer and restoring your web browsers. If you need more information on how to complete these tasks manually, you are welcome to use the instructions presented in the Torrenttab.com removal guide below the article. If, however, you prefer to go with a more effective solution, you should terminate Torrenttab.com automatically instead. You can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan and clean your PC. The utility will not only delete Torrenttab.com along with other threats, but it will also protect your computer from similar and more serious Internet-based infections you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Torrenttab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Torrenttab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Torrenttab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Torrenttab.com and related programs.
Remove Torrenttab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Torrenttab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Torrenttab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Torrenttab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Torrenttab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Torrenttab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Torrenttab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Torrenttab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Torrenttab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Torrenttab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.