What is Trojan.Meredrop?
Trojan.Meredrop (also known as Trojan:Win32/Meredrop) is a generic name used for Trojan infections that can install and run malicious programs on your computer. This type of parasite is usually very good at staying hidden in the system. It has multiple components, which may vary depending on the variant of the threat. Its main purpose is to drop malware onto your PC, most often into the %windir% or the system folder. Once it completes this task, the threat stops its own process and allows the malware to take over. It may even delete itself automatically. If, however, the parasite fails to do so, you will have to delete Trojan.Meredrop and the malware that it installed on your device yourself.
How does Trojan.Meredrop work?
Trojan.Meredrop developers use a variety of ways to distribute their creation online. It can infiltrate a computer through a spam email attachment, fake update, corrupt link, unreliable software bundle, and more. If you are aware of these tricks, you are less likely to suffer a similar problem again. Make sure that you never interact with unreliable content no matter its form.
Once the Trojan gets access to your computer, it starts installing other malicious files and programs onto it. One type of dangerous software associated with Trojan.Meredrop is ransomware. It locks your computer and encodes your data files, so that you cannot open them any longer. This includes your photos, videos, documents, and other valuable files. The threat then presents you with a ransom note that urges you to pay the cyber criminals in exchange for a decryption key that can supposedly restore your data. It is clear that this is nothing but a way to make easy money for hackers, and paying the ransom is not likely to result in a positive outcome.
Other issues linked to the infection include it recording your keystrokes, collecting your personal information, exposing you to fake ads, slowing down your system, leaving a backdoor for other parasites, and more. As you can see, there is no reason to hesitate with Trojan.Meredrop removal.
How to remove Trojan.Meredrop?
Trojan horses are malign and complex parasites, which is why Trojan.Meredrop removal requires implementing an anti-malware tool. You can erase Trojan.Meredrop and the malware that it has installed on your device by using the malware remover provided on our website. The security software will perform a full system scan, detect all unsafe elements, and eliminate Trojan.Meredrop with them. After you delete Trojan.Meredrop and other malicious files and apps from your computer, you will be able to return to surfing the Internet safely. The anti-malware utility comes with real-time online protection as well as some other useful features that will help you keep your system safe at all times.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Trojan.MeredropUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Trojan.Meredrop. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trojan.Meredrop and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Trojan.Meredrop using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Trojan.Meredrop from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Trojan.Meredrop
Remove Trojan.Meredrop from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Trojan.Meredrop
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Trojan.Meredrop from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Trojan.Meredrop from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.