What is Trotux.com?
Trotux.com may be advertised as a useful utility that uses the meta search technology in order to present you with the most relevant search results, but it is actually nothing but a yet another browser hijacker. It is compatible with all well-known web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
The hijacker is aimed at making profit by exposing you to various coupons, links, pop-ups, banners, and so on. It earns revenue each time that you click on the ads that it shows you. There is nothing beneficial about it as the hijacker not only disrupts and slows down your Internet surfing, but also presents you with unsafe online content. If you wish to go back to your preferred browser settings and improve your cyber security level, you will have to terminate Trotux.com. The sooner you do that, the better.
How does Trotux.com work?
The hijacker alters your web browser settings as soon as it gets installed. It usually gets distributed in free software bundles, so it is possible that you acquired it unwittingly. Once inside, it switches your home page and default search provider to Trotux.com. The search box presented on the page redirects you to Google.com, which means that the description of the hijacker is completely misleading. Other symptoms that you will notice soon after Trotux.com enters your browsers include adverts appearing on all of your visited sites, redirects to sponsor pages, personalized ads, Internet slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
One thing you do not need to worry about when it comes to Trotux.com is that it will harm your system. The hijacker is not malicious, so it cannot cause any damage to your PC directly. You should know, however, that it can and it will expose you to unreliable web content. The adverts and sponsored links that you see online could be fake. They are not monitored or endorsed by the hijacker, so you click on them at your own risk. We advise that you avoid all advertisements until you get rid of Trotux.com for good, if you wish to avoid falling for a virtual scam.
How to remove Trotux.com?
There are two options you can choose from, if you decide to erase Trotux.com: manual or automatic removal. If you choose the first method, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and then restore your browsers. Instructions presented below the article can help you with that. If, on the other hand, you want to go with the more effective solution and delete Trotux.com automatically, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. The anti-malware will scan your system, detect all threats, and remove Trotux.com along with them. Moreover, the utility will continue being useful even after it helps you to eliminate Trotux.com as it also functions as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trotux.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trotux.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trotux.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trotux.com and related programs.
Remove Trotux.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trotux.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trotux.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trotux.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trotux.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trotux.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trotux.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trotux.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trotux.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trotux.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- trotux remover
- remover trotux
- remove trotux
- how to remove trotux
- trotux remove
- what is trotux
- remove trotux from chrome
- remove tortux
- how to delete trotux
- how to uninstall trotux
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.