What is Trovi.com?
Trovi.com, also known as Trovi Search, is classified as a browser hijacker that can replace your home page, new tab, and default search. It is maintained by ClientConnect LTD, a company that is also responsible for a potentially unwanted application called Search Protect. Both of these programs get distributed through freeware and shareware, and they usually enter computers together with other potentially unwanted software. The hijacker has been in particularly linked to Conduit toolbars. If you want to get rid of Trovi.com, you will also need to uninstall its related software from your PC.
How does Trovi.com work?
Trovi.com does not differ much from other browser hijackers. It changes your browser settings as soon as it gets installed. The main aim of the hijacker is to expose you to various commercial data, which is why it will insert sponsored links into your search results. Its main page may contain adverts as well. Moreover, the hijacker will flood your browsers with pop-ups, links, banners, etc., which will appear no matter where you go online. Keep in mind that these ads are not all safe. The hijacker does not discriminate between reliable and fake adverts, it shows you both. If you do not wish to deal with the consequences of clicking on fake ads, you should stay away from all of them until you terminate Trovi.com.
Another aspect of the hijacker is that it tracks you cookies and thus monitors your online activities. It collects such data as your visited pages, clicked ads, made searches, and so on. This information may be used to create customized ads or it can be sold to third parties. You should know that even customized advertisements can be fake. If you want to eliminate the unnecessary ads from your browsers and go back to fast and uninterrupted Internet surfing, you should delete Trovi.com without hesitation.
How to remove Trovi.com?
We advise that you use a malware removal tool in order to erase Trovi.com and other threats that may be present on your PC. You can download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all unwanted files and programs. You will then be able to eliminate Trovi.com along with them. Moreover, the utility functions as a malware prevention tool as well, so it will keep your computer safe as long as it stays installed and updated. Alternative solution is to remove Trovi.com manually. This can be done by deleting the hijacker’s associated application and restoring your browser settings. In case you need more detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks, you are welcome to use the manual Trovi.com removal guide provided below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trovi.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trovi.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trovi.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trovi.com and related programs.
Remove Trovi.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trovi.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trovi.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trovi.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trovi.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trovi.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trovi.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trovi.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trovi.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.