Trustedsurf.com Removal Guide
Trustedsurf.com is categorized as a browser hijacker and it is capable of altering your browser settings without your knowledge. The hijacker can also cause other disturbances to your online surfing like ads, redirects, slow downs, and so on.
It is compatible with all popular web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and others. The hijacker is used by its creators to make money. It does so by exposing you to advertising data. Each time you click on one of the ads, its developers earn revenue. Unfortunately, you as a computer user do not benefit from having a hijacker in your system at all. If you want to return to your original browser settings and eliminate all unwanted symptoms, you will have to terminate Trustedsurf.com without hesitation.
Once the hijacker infiltrates your computer, it alters your browser settings right away. Your home page, new tab, and default search engine are switched to Trustedsurf.com. This page is not malicious itself, however, it may contain ads and links that you should not click on as they may lead you to unreliable sites. The website also provides you with a search box and if you make use of it, you will be presented with results that include various sponsored links. This is not the most effective solution to searching the Web. In addition to this advertising data, you will also see pop-ups, coupons, banners, and other types of ads on other pages that you open. It does not matter where you go online, you will still be exposed to the commercial data.
The problem with the never-ending ads, aside from the fact that they slow down your browsing, is that not all of them are reliable. Some of the ads are completely fake. They may promise you great deals and, instead, lead you to corrupted websites containing virtual scams. By clicking on them, you may accidentally infect your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs, you may waste your money on products that you will never receive, and so on. If you do not wish to fall for these scams, you should remove Trustedsurf.com right away.
Other symptoms that are associated with the hijacker include tracking cookies that are used to create targeted ads, slow Internet and system speed, redirects to unfamiliar sites, and more. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to delete Trustedsurf.com from your browsers.
How to remove Trustedsurf.com?
In order to uninstall Trustedsurf.com for good, you will have to choose between the two following options: manual or automatic removal. We advise that you go with the second option as it is more beneficial. If you decide to eliminate Trustedsurf.com automatically, you will need to implement a malware prevention and removal tool. The utility is presented on our page and you are welcome to download and use it. It will scan your PC and detect all potential threats. Once they are detected, the security software will delete Trustedsurf.com along with other unwanted files and programs. Moreover, the anti-malware will also stay useful in the future by providing your PC with real-time online protection and other useful features.
Alternative solution is manual Trustedsurf.com removal. You can complete it by uninstalling the application that arrived together with the browser hijacker and restoring your settings yourself. In case you are not sure how to complete these tasks, you can use the instructions we have prepared in the manual removal guide that you can find below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Trustedsurf.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Trustedsurf.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Trustedsurf.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Trustedsurf.com and related programs.
Remove Trustedsurf.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Trustedsurf.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Trustedsurf.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Trustedsurf.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Trustedsurf.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Trustedsurf.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Trustedsurf.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Trustedsurf.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Trustedsurf.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Trustedsurf.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.