What is Ufirstpage.com?
Ufirstpage.com is a browser hijacker that will take over your browser without your permission. It will get inside your system via software bundles and will make changes to your browser. It should be noted that it is not malicious and will not directly harm your computer. However, it might be able to expose you to dangerous websites, which in turn could expose your computer to malware. While browser hijackers are not serious computer issues, it is recommended to delete Ufirstpage.com as soon as possible. As a search engine, it is not reliable as it will try to lead you to sponsored web pages. This is essentially why such questionable search engines even exist. They attempt to redirect you to certain websites so that it could generate pay-per-click revenue. It is clear that it will be of no use to you, so we suggest you uninstall Ufirstpage.com.
Why should you remove Ufirstpage.com?
You might have realized this already but you, yourself, allowed it to install onto your computer. It happened because you were careless when installing free software. Ufirstpage.com was attached to free software, you did not notice it and it installed. The added items are hidden in Advanced or Custom free software installation mode. And those settings are what you should choose from now on. If there is something attached, you will be able to deselect that something and it will not install. If you use Default settings, on the other hand, you will end up with all sorts of different items because those settings do not show you them. Had you opted for Advanced, you would not need to delete Ufirstpage.com right now.
Ufirstpage.com will take over your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. It will also set you a new search engine. If you try to undo the changes, you will quickly realize that you cannot. The only way to do that would be to first uninstall Ufirstpage.com. The search engine might not cause suspicion at first but the more you use it, the cleared it will become that it inserts sponsored content into the results. The search engine is called Yandex, and is regarded as a browser hijacker by some malware specialists. You will be redirected to websites that have little to do with what you were search for just because Ufirstpage.com wants to generate traffic. You might even up on a dangerous website if you are not careful. And by dangerous, we mean full of malware. We strongly suggest you remove Ufirstpage.com.
So as to erase Ufirstpage.com fully, we suggest you obtain a reliable removal tool. If you do not wish to do that, you could also eliminate Ufirstpage.com manually but that means you will have to locate Ufirstpage.com yourself. If you do not feel confident with your computer knowledge, allow a capable removal tool to take care of Ufirstpage.com removal for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ufirstpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ufirstpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ufirstpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ufirstpage.com and related programs.
Remove Ufirstpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ufirstpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ufirstpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ufirstpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ufirstpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ufirstpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ufirstpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ufirstpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ufirstpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ufirstpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.