UIWIX virus is a ransomware type of malware that encrypts your files if you infect your system. Similarly to the infamous WannaCry, this ransomware uses vulnerabilities in Windows to infect. It uses the same EternalBlue exploit and can get access to your computer if you have not installed crucial updates. Once the ransomware is on your computer, it will encrypt your files and demand that you pay a certain amount of money to get them back.
No matter what the amount is, paying would not be wise. Keep in mind that you are dealing with cyber crooks who might not recover your files, even if you pay. They are the ones who encrypted your files in the first place, why should you trust them. If you do, you could end up loosing not only your files but also your money. We suggest you ignore the demands and delete UIWIX virus. And if you had backup, you should have no problems recovering your files after you remove UIWIX virus.
What does this ransomware do?
Before anything else, you must understand how this ransomware managed to enter your system. It used the now very well-known alleged NSA exploit to enter your computer. This is the same one that was used by WannaCry. Microsoft was aware of this vulnerability and released a fix back in March. Users who installed it were safe from both WannaCry and this ransomware. However, those who, for whatever reason, did not, had a high chance of getting infected. If you have not already done so, it is essential that you install the update. In the future, do not ignore the updates that Windows is pushing because they could prove to be essential.
Once it’s on the system, it will locate certain files and encrypt them. That includes photos, documents, music, etc., basically everything that would make you more likely pay. A ransom note will then be dropped and in it, you will find your ID code and a link to your personal payment website. You will need to put in your ID and a captcha. You will see a more detailed guide to file decryption. You are asked to pay 0.12261 Bitcoins, which equals to about $330 or €.395. As we said before, paying is not something you should do as you would be essentially supporting cyber criminals and their future projects. And in any case, you might not necessarily get your files back just because you pay. They are crooks and you best remember that. Backup would have helped out a lot. If you have had backup prior to infection, you could just access your files from there after you delete UIWIX virus. Let this be a lesson about the importance of backup and keeping your software updated.
UIWIX virus removal
There are two ways to remove UIWIX virus but we cannot recommend manual UIWIX virus removal simply because you might end up damaging your computer. You ought to obtain professional anti-malware software and allow it to uninstall UIWIX virus for you.
Download Removal Toolto remove UIWIX virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall UIWIX virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like UIWIX virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete UIWIX virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove UIWIX virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove UIWIX virus
Remove UIWIX virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete UIWIX virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete UIWIX virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete UIWIX virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.