UpdateAdmin is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that falls into the adware category. Most users are not aware of adware being on their computers because it enters without users noticing and works silently. In the case of UpdateAdmin, there is an official website where you can download it, but it also spreads via software bundles. It’s supposed to help users find software that would match them but it also exposes the users to extensive amounts of ads. Those ads are not only annoying but they can also be dangerous. It has also been reported that UpdateAdmin tracks browsing sessions, collecting certain information about users. There are better ways to find software recommendations, so do not put your security at risk and delete UpdateAdmin.
How does UpdateAdmin spread?
There is an official website with a download link and that is how many users obtained UpdateAdmin. But adware also spreads via freeware. It’s attached to freeware so that when you install the freeware, you install UpdateAdmin as well. It is an optional item, which means you have the option of not installing it. But because it hides in Advanced (Custom) settings, and most users opt for Default settings, it installs automatically. Therefore, we suggest you never use Default settings when installing freeware. When you install something, click Advanced and you will see a list of added items. You can deselect them and they will not install, That is how UpdateAdmin entered your computer. And we advise you to delete UpdateAdmin.
Why should I uninstall UpdateAdmin?
While UpdateAdmin might seem like a useful program, the ads it generates can be very annoying. It can attach itself to all leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and insert ads everywhere. They will appear in banner, pop-up, pop-under, etc. forms and will be very intrusive. In order to know what kinds of ads you would like, UpdateAdmin monitors your IP addresses, web and search histories. No matter how tempting the ads might be, we strongly suggest you not click on them. They might be hosted on dangerous domains with malware on them, which means that if you were to enter such a domain, you could end up with a serious virus. So ads generated by UpdateAdmin are not only annoying but they could also be dangerous. Do you really want such an application to remain on your computer? Remove UpdateAdmin and stop those annoying ads.
You can uninstall UpdateAdmin manually but some users struggle to find what exactly they need to delete. In that case, you can use anti-malware software to remove UpdateAdmin from your computer. Instructions on how to go about UpdateAdmin removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove UpdateAdminUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall UpdateAdmin. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like UpdateAdmin and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall UpdateAdmin and related programs.
Remove UpdateAdmin from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall UpdateAdmin from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete UpdateAdmin from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove UpdateAdmin from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for UpdateAdmin or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete UpdateAdmin from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase UpdateAdmin from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove UpdateAdmin from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall UpdateAdmin from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable UpdateAdmin and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.