What is V9.com?
V9.com is put into the category of browser hijackers – PC infections that are targeted at browsers. Browser hijackers are not very dangerous in comparison to other computer threats like various viruses. Nevertheless, you have to remove V9.com from your computer because it can slowly make your PC unusable. You see, from now on, your default search provider, new tab page, and home page are changed into V9.com, and it is dangerous to use this website for browsing.
If you do this, your personal computer might start working improperly as a result. It is not possible to avoid the hijacker when it has infected your system. The only way is to delete V9.com as quickly as possible. All your browsers can get this infection, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Consequently, you cannot just switch your browser when you want to search for information or simply have a good time online.
Why is V9.com dangerous?
The PUP (potentially unwanted program) does not look dangerous at all when you just simply take a look at it. It has some options to facilitate your search session, which are Web, Images, Videos, and News. However, it is not able to produce its own results: it simply redirects the user to google.com. Unfortunately, this fact does not mean that you can safely use the hijacker as your search provider. The google.com results can be ruined by some sponsored links that are put into the list of the suggested pages. Do not wait for any longer and uninstall V9.com if you do not want your PC to be full of malware. Corrupted links can make a lot of damage by redirecting you to dangerous webpages. Moreover, commercial ads can get injected into the pages you visit. The advertisements are not checked by malware specialist, that is why they might bring viruses onto your PC. Lastly, browser hijackers are known for tracking their users. This means that your search history, IP addresses, and even passwords can be collected! Now you can see why V9.com removal is so important.
How did my computer get infected with V9.com?
Have you ever heard of software bundles? They can be downloaded from fire sharing websites when you just simply want to download a useful piece of software. Potentially unwanted programs are known to tag along. In this way, they get onto users’ computers. Fortunately, there is one simple way of avoiding them. It is not rushing during the process of the installation and picking the Custom/Advanced mode. When you do this and read all the info on the Installation Wizard (also, in the Terms and Agreements!), you can feel safe.
How to remove V9.com from my PC?
The best way to erase V9.com is scanning you PC with a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware tool. If you do everything manually, you may not notice other PUPs that have come from the software bundle you downloaded. That is why a security application is the best choice.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove V9.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall V9.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like V9.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall V9.com and related programs.
Remove V9.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall V9.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete V9.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove V9.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for V9.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete V9.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase V9.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove V9.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall V9.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable V9.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.