How to remove Video Search Tools Plus
Video Search Tools Plus is classified as a potentially unwanted application. It is promoted as a tool that can enhance your online surfing experience by allowing you to find videos anywhere, anytime. At least, that is how it is promoted on its official webpage, videosearchtoolsplus.com. Here, it is stated that the extension offers you an easy way to get the top video results of your search queries.
The webpage also mentions that by downloading this extension, you allow it to change your Chrome browser settings such as startup page, home page, new tab and default search provider. The program can be downloaded from its official page or it may enter your system bundled with other freeware. Regardless of how you acquired it, we suggest that you delete Video Search Tools Plus from your PC.
How does Video Search Tools Plus work?
Video Search Tools Plus was developed by Keen Internet Technologies Ltd. Once you download it, the application adds an extension to your Google Chrome browser. As you already know, by installing the extension, you also allow it to change your browser settings including your home page, search engine, and others. That is exactly what it does. However, the site that replaces your home page is not videosearchtoolsplus.com, but msgplus.net. As for your search provider, it is switched to plusnetwork.com. We assure you, trusting this site is not a good idea. It will not provide you with reliable search results, instead, you will be presented with ads and sponsored links. Worse than that, not all of them will be safe. Even the advert that appears on the main site of plusnetwork.com cannot be trusted.
The fact that Video Search Tools Plus exposes you to the unreliable web search should be reason enough for you to want it gone. The application does not have any useful features, which is why you should terminate Video Search Tools Plus right away.
How to remove Video Search Tools Plus?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to uninstall Video Search Tools Plus. All you need to do is delete Video Search Tools Plus from Chrome Extensions. That is, if you have downloaded it from its official website. If, on the other hand, the potentially unwanted program has arrived bundled with Messenger Plus apps, we recommend that you go with automatic Video Search Tools Plus removal instead. If you implement the anti-malware tool, it will eliminate Video Search Tools Plus along with all other unwanted programs from your computer. Moreover, it will also protect your system in the future by shielding it from new infections you may catch while browsing the We
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Video Search Tools PlusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Video Search Tools Plus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Video Search Tools Plus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Video Search Tools Plus and related programs.
Remove Video Search Tools Plus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Video Search Tools Plus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Video Search Tools Plus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Video Search Tools Plus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Video Search Tools Plus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Video Search Tools Plus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Video Search Tools Plus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Video Search Tools Plus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Video Search Tools Plus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Video Search Tools Plus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.