What is Weather Hub?
Weather Hub is a browser hijacker, disguised as a useful tool that will display weather updates on your homepage. The reason why it is considered to be a browser hijacker is because it can enter your computer without your permission and it may attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites. Hijackers are not dangerous by themselves but the redirects that it performs can cause a bit of an issue. By using the provided search engine you will be led to all kinds of websites. The biggest problem with that is that the hijacker does not ensure that the websites are safe. You could easily be led to a page where you could encounter some kind of malware. In any case, the hijacker does not belong on your computer thus Weather Hub removal is recommended. And to find out how you got infected, continue reading this article.
How did Weather Hub get on my computer?
Hijackers use a rather simple method to get into computers and it is referred to as the bundling method. Seeing as no one would install a hijacker willingly, it is attached to freeware as an extra item. That extra is hidden, however, which means not many users notice it and end up allowing it to install. It would only become visible in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation process. If you uncheck the box that becomes visible in those settings, you will prevent the added item from installing. In comparison, if you use Default settings, you will miss the added item because it will not be visible. In the end, it is your choice how you install programs onto your computer but do bear in mind that it is much easier to initially prevent unwanted installations than it would be to delete Weather Hub or similar later on.
Should you uninstall Weather Hub?
It will change your browser’s settings and set a different homepage, new tabs and search engine. The most aggravating part of this is that the changes are performed without your explicit permission and you cannot undo them unless you first remove Weather Hub. You will open your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser one day and see that you are constantly redirected. The background of the homepage will change periodically and you will also be advised to use the provided search engine. That is not what security experts recommend, however. If you do use it, you may be exposed to sponsored content. Hijackers use search engines to redirect users to advertisement sites because that is the easiest way. You could even end up on dangerous sites where malware could be roaming around. There are better options to choose from, so delete Weather Hub.
Weather Hub removal
To fully uninstall Weather Hub, you may need to obtain anti-malware software. This is the most efficient way because the program will take care of everything. You can also remove Weather Hub manually and are welcome to use the provided Weather Hub removal guide below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Weather HubUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Weather Hub. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Weather Hub and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Weather Hub and related programs.
Remove Weather Hub from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Weather Hub from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Weather Hub from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Weather Hub from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Weather Hub or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Weather Hub from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Weather Hub from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Weather Hub from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Weather Hub from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Weather Hub and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.