About Web Start Redirect
Web Start Redirect is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser’s settings. Web Start Redirect can sneak into your computer without you noticing and will then proceed to make unwanted changes. It might seem like a reliable search engine at first but soon it becomes clear that it exists to generate traffic for certain websites. It changes your browser’s settings so that it can constantly redirect you to Web Start Redirect. By doing that, it pressures you into using its search engine. If you do, you will notice that results are full of sponsored content. Web Start Redirect might also expose you to dangerous websites so it’s recommended that you delete Web Start Redirect from your computer.
How did Web Start Redirect end up on my computer?
It spreads via freeware. It’s called the bundling method and is very popular among browser hijacker developers. Hijacker developers add the browser hijacker as an additional item to freeware. When you install that freeware, you install the browser hijacker as well. If you rush through the installation process in Default settings, there’s little chance you will notice the hijacker. If you want to avoid installing potentially unwanted applications, use Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings allow you too see what additional items are being installed along with the freeware. If you find that you do not want those items, you can uncheck them and prevent their installation. It uses a sneaky way to get into your computer, so we suggest you remove Web Start Redirect.
Why is Web Start Redirect dangerous?
Web Start Redirect does not put your computer in direct danger but that does not mean it’s safe to use. Once it gets on your computer, it will attach itself to your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari) and alter the settings. You won’t be able to change back the settings without Web Start Redirect removal. You will suddenly notice that every time you open your browser, you are being redirected to Web Start Redirect. This happens because Web Start Redirect changes your homepage, search engine and new tabs to its domain. If you use the search engine, you will get weird search results that lead you to questionable websites. Browser hijackers exists to generate traffic and they do that by redirecting you those websites using ads and search results. Those websites might not always be safe. You might accidentally stumble upon serious malware and then a browser hijacker would be the least of your problems. Web Start Redirect is not useful to you in any way so we recommend you uninstall Web Start Redirect.
Web Start Redirect removal
You can remove Web Start Redirect using anti-malware software. If you want to uninstall Web Start Redirect manually, you can do so as well. Instructions on how to delete Web Start Redirect will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Web Start Redirect RemovalUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Web Start Redirect Removal. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Web Start Redirect Removal and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Web Start Redirect Removal and related programs.
Remove Web Start Redirect Removal from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Web Start Redirect Removal from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Web Start Redirect Removal from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Web Start Redirect Removal from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Web Start Redirect Removal or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Web Start Redirect Removal from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Web Start Redirect Removal from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Web Start Redirect Removal from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Web Start Redirect Removal from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Web Start Redirect Removal and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.