What is Webhome-page.com?
Webhome-page.com is promoted as as tool that can improve your online search experience, but what it is actually aimed at is making profit for its creators. The browser hijacker may enter your PC without your notice with some other freeware or shareware. It alters your browser settings upon arrival and makes other modifications that have to do with exposing you to as much advertising content as possible. The hijacker is compatible with all browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms. We advise that you terminate Webhome-page.com without further delay.
How does Webhome-page.com work?
The Webhome-page.com website appears as your home page and default search engine as soon as the hijacker takes over. The site presents you with a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News. It also allows you to choose from a number of languages by clicking on the Settings button. If you input a term into the search box, you get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. The results provided on this page are relevant, however, they contain lots of sponsored ads and links. This may not be the most efficient way to search the Web.
Other modifications made by the hijacker include it inserting ads into all pages that you visit and causing redirects to its sponsor sites. The advertising data will undoubtedly slow down your surfing speed. Moreover, it may lead you to unsafe domains that may present you with various scams. You should not risk your computer’s safety by clicking on suspicious ads. Keep in mind that some of the advertisements may appear especially relevant. These ads are based on your browsing history recorded by the hijacker with the help of tracking cookies. Even supposedly useful adverts can turn out to be fake. We advise that you stay away from all advertising data until you get rid of Webhome-page.com.
How to remove Webhome-page.com?
You can eliminate Webhome-page.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you want to be sure that you terminate the hijacker in its entirety and get rid of the other threats that may be present in your system, you should go with the automatic Webhome-page.com removal option. You can download the anti-malware tool from our site and use it to scan and clean your system. Moreover, you will not have to worry about other Internet-based parasites attacking your PC after you delete Webhome-page.com, because the anti-malware comes with malware prevention capabilities. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase Webhome-page.com manually after all, you can make use of the instructions we have prepared below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Webhome-page.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Webhome-page.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Webhome-page.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Webhome-page.com and related programs.
Remove Webhome-page.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Webhome-page.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Webhome-page.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Webhome-page.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Webhome-page.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Webhome-page.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Webhome-page.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Webhome-page.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Webhome-page.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Webhome-page.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.