Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info Removal Tips
Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info is an intrusive browser hijacker that belongs to the Websearch family. There are plenty of other hijackers that also start with “Websearch” like Websearch.coolfindings.info, Websearch.coolsearches.info, Websearch.fastosearch.info, Websearch.searchandfly.info, and many more. All of them function in the same manner.
The hijackers enter your system and take over your browsers modifying their settings without your permission. There is nothing useful about them as they are aimed at boosting online traffic. We suggest that you waste no time on the unwanted application and terminate Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info as soon as you can.
How does Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info work?
The hijacker can modify settings in all of your browsers, because it is compatible with all of them. Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info becomes your home page and default search provider. Do not click on any ads that you see on the page, because they are fake. The ads may be promoting bogus software or some other scam. You should also be careful with the search results that the so-called search engine shows you. Some of these results are sponsored links. In general, we advise avoiding all commercial content brought to you by the hijacker until you uninstall Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info.
Another issue with the hijacker has to do with your privacy. The hijacker collects your non-personally identifiable information including your geographical location, visited pages, made searches, details about certain files and applications installed on your device, and more. This data is usually used for advertising purposes. The hijacker may base the ads that it displays in your browsers on this information. Your details may also be shared with third parties. If you are not comfortable with that, you should delete Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info without delay.
How to remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info?
You can eliminate Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose to go with the first option, you will have to uninstall the software that the hijacker has come bundled with and restore your browsers. The instructions presented below the article will help you complete these steps. If, however, you decide to remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info automatically instead, you should download the anti-malware application provided on our page. It will scan your computer and detect all potential threats. You will then be able to delete Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info along with its related software and other unwanted programs. The utility will also help you make sure that other infections do not get access to your PC in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info and related programs.
Remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Websearch.searchtheuniverse.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.