WebSearcher.eu Removal Tips (Delete WebSearcher.eu)
WebSearcher.eu is considered to be a browser hijacker that can affect the browser setting of Mozilla Firefox. This hijacker is able to replace your homepage, new tab, and default search provider into Websearcher.eu. Of course, it never asks for your permission. It differs from other browser hijacker because there are two versions of it. It can be distributed as a Mozilla Firefox add-on. If it is the case, it is possible to remove it via Add-ons Manager.
The hijacker can also be downloaded from its official website but, in that case, it doesn’t have an interface. The default search engine won’t be changed and you will be left with your default search provider. However, it is even more dangerous in this way – you do not see it but it performs various actions on your computer, for example, downloading adware. There is also a possibility for this hijacker to infiltrate your PC via software bundles. Keep reading the article to find out what threats this hijacker brings, and remove WebSearcher.eu afterwards.
How can WebSearcher.eu be dangerous?
The two versions of WebSearcher.eu act differently. At the first sight, Web Searcher, which is provided by Mozilla Firefox, looks like a legitimate search engine. However, it uses the results that are provided by Google thus making it completely useless. The main problem with this application is the advertisements that are displayed upon its installation and altered search results. When you try browsing by using this search engine, some of the results you see are actually third-party websites that are advertised by the hijacker. The alteration of the results is not only annoying but also dangerous – you may never know where the links can lead to. What is more, this search engine is known to collect non-personal information. It will surely know your browsing history, favorite websites, IP addresses, and browser type. All this can be used to make customized ads, but you may never know where the information might end up. In addition, you may see various advertisements that can hide links to corrupted websites. The version that is downloaded from its official website is different. It does not change your browser settings and is installed as an application. It is used to download adware to your computer silently. If all of this sounds threatening to you, delete WebSearcher.eu from your PC immediately.
How to remove WebSearcher.eu from my computer?
If you want to uninstall WebSearcher.eu, you have to be ready that the process will be rather complicated. This browser hijacker leaves various files that make it hard to get rid of it. Our security experts truly recommend you to invest into a legitimate anti-spyware and anti-malware tool. In this case, WebSearcher.eu removal will be a much easier process for you. Even after the removal, you have to scan your system regularly so that you would be sure of your safety.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WebSearcher.euUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WebSearcher.eu. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WebSearcher.eu and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall WebSearcher.eu and related programs.
Remove WebSearcher.eu from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WebSearcher.eu from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WebSearcher.eu from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WebSearcher.eu from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WebSearcher.eu or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WebSearcher.eu from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WebSearcher.eu from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WebSearcher.eu from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WebSearcher.eu from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WebSearcher.eu and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.