Whaatnext.com Removal Intructions (Uninstall Whaatnext.com)
Whaatnext.com is promoted as a mini search engine that allows you to search the Web for sites, images, videos, and so on. Despite the fact that it is advertised in Chrome Web Store, we do not recommend keeping it on your PC. One reason for that is the fact that it also gets distributed with the help of freeware and shareware.
This means that it most likely entered your computer without your notice. Moreover, the so-called search engine is usually classified as a browser hijacker as it can alter your browser settings automatically. We suggest that you eliminate Whaatnext.com from your browsers and go back to using more reliable search tools.
How does Whaatnext.com work?
As it has been stated above, the hijacker can either be downloaded from chrome.google.com/webstore or it can enter your PC along with other free software. If you did not download the extension yourself, you may have more unwanted applications on your computer. It is important to know that in most cases freeware comes bundled with potentially unwanted programs that you should avoid installing no matter how they are presented to you. You can deselect these apps in the installation wizard, if you choose the Advanced or Custom mode. Make sure you do that next time you deal with free third party software.
The website that gets set as your new home page and default search provider, Whaatnext.com, is not a page that you can trust. It contains several fake ads that claim you need to download and install an update. The fake adverts do not even bother to explain what it is that you need to update. You should not click on these ads unless you want to end up on an unsafe website and infect your PC with unwanted if not malicious programs. The site also contains various links to suspicious articles that are all related to such topics as losing weight quickly, finding ways to slow down aging, and so on. It is clear that there is no real value in these articles, which is why you should avoid clicking on them as well. Actually, you should not interact with the page altogether, because when you do, it redirects you to one of its sponsor sites. Needless to say, you should delete Whaatnext.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Whaatnext.com?
You can delete Whaatnext.com manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you can use the instructions presented below the article for further assistance. If, however, you decide to go with the more reliable solution and remove Whaatnext.com automatically, you will have to clean your PC using a malware removal tool. You can download the security application from our page. It will perform a system scan, detect all potential issues, and terminate Whaatnext.com along with them. In addition to Whaatnext.com removal, you will also make certain that your computer stays clean and protected from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Whaatnext.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Whaatnext.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Whaatnext.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Whaatnext.com and related programs.
Remove Whaatnext.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Whaatnext.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Whaatnext.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Whaatnext.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Whaatnext.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Whaatnext.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Whaatnext.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Whaatnext.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Whaatnext.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Whaatnext.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.