About this extension
Wikibuy extension is a legitimate Google Chrome extension that helps users shop online. You might find it being referred to as a virus on some websites but that would be incorrect classification. Many similar extensions are actually adware that just aim to get as much revenue as possible from users, thus online shopping helpers are often categorised as adware or virus, whether they are legitimate or not. This extension will show you deals and coupons when you use online shopping websites, which will help you get save money.
You can obtain the extension from the Google Chrome store or the official websites. And once it’s added, you will get the deals. If you don’t intend to use it though, the ads may become somewhat annoying, thus you should then delete Wikibuy extension.
Should you remove Wikibuy extension?
Since it’s completely safe to use, you don’t need to uninstall Wikibuy extension if you are using it. Naturally, you should be suspicious of such extensions because many similar ones are classified as adware. Those kinds of add-ons expose the user to countless advertisements, which may be bogus or even malicious. Some could expose the user to malware, which could seriously harm the computer. Thus, it is not recommended to engage with ads while adware is still present.
Those adware extensions can be encountered on official browser stores, so you should look into them separately before you download them. Just because they’re on the Chrome store, does not mean they won’t harm your computer. Use a reliable search engine, and you should find the needed information in the first page of the results. For example, if you were to use Google to search Wikibuy, you won’t find one legitimate result that classifies it as a virus, since it’s not.
If you check the reviews for this extension, you will find many users praising it for helping them save money, so if you are in need of shopping assistant when doing online shopping, Wikibuy would not be a bad choice. But like we said, if you’re not using it, its ad may annoy you.
Wikibuy extension removal
If you have decided you have no need for this extension, you can easily delete it. Since it’s not malware, security programs won’t pick up on it, so automatic elimination is not an option. If you are unsure about how to proceed, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Download Removal Toolto remove WikibuyUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wikibuy. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Wikibuy and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wikibuy and related programs.
Remove Wikibuy from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wikibuy from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wikibuy from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wikibuy from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wikibuy or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wikibuy from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wikibuy from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wikibuy from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wikibuy from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wikibuy and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.