What is Work-Bar?
Work-Bar is a browser extension that allows you to customize your Google Chrome homepage. It also might be considered to be a potentially unwanted application. Because it is a legitimate browser extension you can download the add-on from Work-Bar.biz as well as the Chrome store. However, Work-Bar might be able to get into your system via software bundles so if it’s on your computer and you do not recall obtaining it, you did not pay enough attention to how you installed free software.
Work-Bar is not malicious, it will not harm your computer but it might carry out unwanted changes in order to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites. To make income is the reason why browser extensions like Work-Bar exist in the first place. While it might not be necessarily the case, some similar add-on are able to lead users to sponsored websites where they can obtain malware. We recommend you delete Work-Bar from your computer for these reasons.
Why should you remove Work-Bar?
If you did not download Work-Bar yourself, you might be wondering how it managed to get into your computer. Believe it or not, unwanted extensions like Work-Bar need to get your permission to enter. Those kinds of items are attached to free software and that allows them to sneak in without the user noticing. The reason you probably did not notice Work-Bar and indirectly granted it permission to install was because you used Default settings. Default does not inform the user of any added items and you will not be able to prevent them from installing. If you want to stop unwanted extensions from entering your computer without your knowledge, you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. In those settings, you will be able to deselect any added item and therefore, will not have to uninstall Work-Bar or similar later on.
Work-Bar allows you to customize your Google Chrome browser. You will be able to change the color of your homepage and view the weather. Your browser’s settings will be altered and you might not be able to change them back unless you first remove Work-Bar from your device. You will have a new homepage and new tabs. Your preferred search engine might also be changed to one that inserts sponsored content into the results. If you were to click on a sponsored result, you might end up on some weird web page. Although unlikely, you could end up on an infected domain, where you could obtain malware by accident. This extension does not offer very beneficial features and could potentially put your computer in danger, therefore, we suggest you delete Work-Bar.
It’s not difficult to uninstall Work-Bar manually so you should not have any issues. Instructions for how to erase Work-Bar will be provided. However, if you cannot locate it, allow a professional removal tool to take care of Work-Bar removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Work-BarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Work-Bar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Work-Bar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Work-Bar and related programs.
Remove Work-Bar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Work-Bar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Work-Bar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Work-Bar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Work-Bar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Work-Bar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Work-Bar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Work-Bar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Work-Bar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Work-Bar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.