What is World-client.ru?
World-client.ru is a browser hijacker with adware characteristics. It gets into computers via free software bundles and makes unwanted changes to your browser. The reason you did not notice it installing is because it was attached to free software and was not visible unless you were looking for it. It is not malicious itself but it may expose you to dangerous content, which could lead to a serious malware infection. World-client.ru might also cause pop-up advertisements to appear on your computer. Browser hijackers have no place on your computer as while they are not malicious themselves, they can bring about trouble. If you do not want to expose your computer to harm, we suggest you remove World-client.ru.
Why uninstall World-client.ru?
The reason World-client.ru browser hijacker is on your computer is because you allowed it to install. It was attached to free software in a way that allowed it to install alongside it. Fortunately, you can prevent these unwanted installs. You can do so by deselecting the added items in Advanced (Custom) settings of the software installation process. Just choose those settings, uncheck the boxes and you can proceed to install the software. Do not choose Default settings because you will not be able to uncheck anything and will end up having to remove World-client.ru.
Browser hijackers are not malicious, but they are irritating. World-client.ru will take over your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and make itself your homepage. You are not asked to allow these changes and will be unable to undo them unless you delete World-client.ru from your computer. Which you are probably eager to do anyway. Your anti-malware software should react immediately and block access to the website. That is a warning sign that something is wrong. If you proceed to the website, you will be presented with news articles as well as a search engine. We do not suggest you click on anything as you could end up exposing your computer to danger. If you use the search engine, you will be redirected to Google so we see no use in using a search engine that directs you to a different one. You might also start seeing pop-ups advertisements that suggest you install some sort of software or asking you to take part in a survey. Ignore them if they appear and do not install anything or give out your private information. We strongly suggest you uninstall World-client.ru as soon as possible.
We suggest you obtain a reliable removal tool that will be able to delete World-client.ru for you. You can also take care of World-client.ru removal by hand but it might be difficult as locating the hijacker could be hard. In any case, whichever way you choose, you need to make sure you erase World-client.ru fully so that it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove World-client.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall World-client.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like World-client.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall World-client.ru and related programs.
Remove World-client.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall World-client.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete World-client.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove World-client.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for World-client.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete World-client.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase World-client.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove World-client.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall World-client.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable World-client.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.