What is Wow Search?
Wow Search, also known as Wow.com, is a browser hijacker that looks like a legitimate search tool. The difference between the two is that browser hijackers usually enter your computer unnoticed and change your browser settings automatically. Therefore, even though the page appears to be useful, you should think twice before trusting it. The hijacker causes other unwanted symptoms as well: it adds commercials into your browsers, reroutes you to unfamiliar sites, slows down your online surfing speed, and more. It may not be a malicious program, but it does disrupt your browsing and decreases your cyber security level. That is why we suggest that you delete Wow Search as soon as you can.
How does Wow Search work?
Once the the hijacker gets installed, it changes your home page, new tab and default search engine to Wow.com. The website contains a search box and quick links to such popular sites as Hotmail, eBay, Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon, Facebook, and some others. You can also choose from a variety of backgrounds by clicking on the buttons at the bottom of the page. If you enter a query into the search box, you will be presented with original results. Unfortunately, these results will mostly consist of sponsored ads. Clicking on them is not something we would recommend as they may be unreliable.
In addition to browser settings modifications, the hijacker also adds various pop-ups, banners, and hyperlinks into all of your visited pages. These ads should not be trusted either, because they may be fake. Clicking on fake ads may result in such unwanted consequences as malware infections, data loss, financial losses, and so on. The hijacker may redirect you to various sponsor websites. These sites are not endorsed by the application, so they could be unreliable as well. In general, we suggest that you avoid all commercial data brought to you by the hijacker until you eliminate Wow Search from your browsers.
How to remove Wow Search?
In order to terminate Wow Search and go back to your original search tools, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related program and restore your browser settings. You can complete these tasks manually or automatically. If you choose manual Wow Search removal, you can use the instructions provided below the article. Make sure that you follow them carefully. If you are not sure which application to uninstall in the first step, you can use the free scanner provided on our page to identify it. Alternatively, you can remove Wow Search automatically. You can do that by implementing the anti-malware tool from our page, which will scan your system and detect all potential threats. You will then be able to eliminate Wow Search with a click of a button. The utility will also stay useful in the future by providing your PC with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Wow SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Wow Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Wow Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Wow Search and related programs.
Remove Wow Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Wow Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Wow Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Wow Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Wow Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Wow Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Wow Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Wow Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Wow Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Wow Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.