Www-searches.net is a browser hijacker that promotes a questionable search engine. A browser hijackers is a low-level computer infection that makes changes to your browsers, attempts to redirect you to sponsored web pages and possibly monitors your browsing activities. They are not malicious by themselves but can be highly aggravating.
If you find yourself dealing with a hijacker, you must have recently installed some kind of free software. Browser hijackers and other kinds of unwanted programs are attached to freeware so that they can install alongside without the user noticing. While rather harmless by themselves, hijackers can lead users to malicious web pages where malware could be lurking. You allowing a browser hijacker to stay on your computer could end in a serious malware infection. Do not hesitate to remove Www-searches.net.
How does Www-searches.net spread?
Browser hijackers all use the same spread method and that is via free software. Www-searches.net was attached in a way that allowed it to install alongside. A lot users do no pay enough attention to how they install freeware, rush through the process and use Default settings, which essentially allows added items to install. In order to avoid these irritating installations, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. All added items will be visible in those settings and you will also be able to prevent them from installing by deselecting them. All you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes and you can continue to install the freeware. Always use those settings and you will not have to uninstall Www-searches.net or similar again.
Why delete Www-searches.net?
If you choose to delete Www-searches.net, you have two options. You can erase Www-searches.net using anti-malware software and that would be the quickest option. You can also take care of Www-searches.net removal manually but you would have to locate it yourself and since it is hidden, it could be difficult.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Www-searches.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Www-searches.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Www-searches.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Www-searches.net and related programs.
Remove Www-searches.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Www-searches.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Www-searches.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Www-searches.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Www-searches.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Www-searches.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Www-searches.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Www-searches.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Www-searches.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Www-searches.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.