Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus
Yahoo Redirect Virus (also known as Search.yahoo.com Redirect) can be classified as an intrusive browser hijacker. The infection is almost identical to Google Redirect virus. Hence, if you have noticed any of the unwanted programs in your PC, you will need to eliminate all of them. In addition, Yahoo Redirect Virus removal has to be no exception. By letting the hijacker stay, you put your computer’s security at risk.
As soon as Yahoo Redirect Virus infiltrates your virtual machine, you will start to find many unwanted changes. For example, your web browsers’ settings will be modified without your explicit consent. Yahoo Redirect Virus will change your homepage and default search engine. These modifications will be performed to all of your web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Hence, you will have to manually reset the settings to all of the Internet browsers. As you can see, it is easier to stop the hijacker from entering your PC than to deal with its termination. You can learn how to protect your computer from the similar threats, if you keep reading the article. If you already know how to do that, you can scroll down to read how to delete Yahoo Redirect Virus once and for all from the PC’s system.
Many other hijackers such as searchult.com, i-search.us.com, dregol.com, and palikan.com act in an almost completely the same way as Yahoo Redirect Virus. They all pretend to be legitimate search providers. However, all of them are injected with questionable links that may lead you to the dark side of the World Wide Web. You can only restore the virtual machine’s security, if you remove Yahoo Redirect Virus right away. By keeping the hijacker, you only make your electronic device vulnerable to the other threats.
How can Yahoo Redirect Virus hijack my computer’s system?
Programs that are similar to Yahoo Redirect Virus usually use suspicious distribution methods. If you have found the program, you might have recently installed freeware or shareware bundles to your PC. You should know that any software that infiltrates the PC via free of charge software packages is questionable. During the installation process of such programs, you may get offers of the additional applications. We strongly recommend to decline the deals. By downloading this type of programs, you might risk to find severe add-ons on your virtual machine. Also, if the hijacker has already managed to alter the computer’s system, you should delete Yahoo Redirect Virus without any feeling of guilt. We can assure you that the unwanted program will bring no benefits whatsoever to your electronic device.
How to remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from your PC?
There are two methods that you may use for Yahoo Redirect Virus removal: manual and automatic. We have prepared a manual removal guide for those, who prefer this elimination way. Please make sure that you follow the instructions carefully. However, this may be a time consuming process; hence, we advise you to select an easier technique. You can terminate Yahoo Redirect Virus automatically by simply installing a reputable anti-spyware tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yahoo Redirect VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yahoo Redirect Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus and related programs.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yahoo Redirect Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yahoo Redirect Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yahoo Redirect Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yahoo Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yahoo Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yahoo Redirect Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yahoo Redirect Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.