Yourassistpoint.com Removal Instructions
Yourassistpoint.com is a website that promotes Assist Point from Yontoo Technology, Inc. The application is supposed to provide you with certain features that should improve your browsing experience. Unfortunately, that is not what it actually does.
The program is classified as adware. It aims at generating online traffic, which is how it earns revenue for its creators. The application is compatible with all major web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and others. If you wish to eliminate its annoying symptoms, you will have to delete Yourassistpoint.com related program from your PC.
How does Assist Point work?
Although it has an official website, just like other ad-supported apps, Assist Point uses the bundling distribution method. It gets attached to freeware and shareware and is presented during the installation process as an additional offer. Many computer users do not notice the offer simply because they do not pay attention to the installation wizard. That is a mistake. Most free software comes with programs that are potentially unwanted. You should avoid installing them onto your computer as there is nothing beneficial about them. The way to avoid them is simple: you need to choose the Advanced installation mode and decline all optional offers presented in the wizard.
After the adware gets access to your computer, it starts flooding you with all types of ads. You will see pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, in-text ads, interstitial ads, and so on. You may also get redirected to the app’s sponsor pages. The unwanted software tracks your cookies, so you may be presented with ads that will appear especially useful. Keep in mind, however, that none of the advertising content shown to you is endorsed by Assist Point. It could be unsafe and clicking on it could result in serious troubles including malware infections and financial losses. If you want to make sure that never happens, you should uninstall Yourassistpoint.com right away.
How to remove Yourassistpoint.com?
There are two ways you can delete Yourassistpoint.com: manually or automatically. We recommend automatic Yourassistpoint.com removal option, because it will allow you to get rid of other unwanted programs as well. If you use the security tool from our page, it will perform a system scan and detect all unsafe components. It will remove Yourassistpoint.com along with them and ensure that your PC stays protected from similar and more serious threats in the future. If, on the other hand, you decide to terminate Yourassistpoint.com manually, you will have to uninstall Assist Point from your computer and remove its extension from your browsers. Instructions below the article can help you with both of these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yourassistpoint.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yourassistpoint.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yourassistpoint.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yourassistpoint.com and related programs.
Remove Yourassistpoint.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yourassistpoint.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yourassistpoint.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yourassistpoint.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yourassistpoint.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yourassistpoint.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yourassistpoint.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yourassistpoint.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yourassistpoint.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yourassistpoint.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.