About the hijacker
Yoursafersearch.com is a browser hijacker, very similar to yoursafesearch.com and other hijackers. In general, hijackers do not usually differ from one another. They all change browser’s settings and force you to use questionable websites, hence why they’re called browser hijackers. They’re very easy to notice and are not malicious.
However, they are annoying and can be difficult to get rid of. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored content but sometimes they can also lead to malware. Which is why you should not delay the inevitable and remove Yoursafersearch.com. And if you’re wondering how you got the infection, you allowed it to install yourself. It was attached to free software as an extra offer and you did not notice it. When installing freeware, it is important that you pay attention to how you do it because you could end up with some kind of serious problem.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijacker infections are not difficult to prevent if you know how to do it. They are attached to free software as additional items and if you do not notice them, they install onto your computer. Everything that is attached is hidden if you use Default settings during installation. Those settings are not recommended and are the reason why so many users end up with unwanted programs on their computers. If you want to avoid these infections, choose Advanced or Custom mode during installation. All extra offers will be clearly visible and all you need to do is uncheck the boxes. By doing this you will prevent unwanted installations and will not have to delete Yoursafersearch.com or akin threats again.
Why uninstall Yoursafersearch.com?
If you have a hijacker on your system, it will be very obvious because you will have a different website set as your homepage and new tabs. These changes are made without permission and affect all leading browsers (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). You will also be unable to change the settings back unless you first remove Yoursafersearch.com. Your new homepage looks identical to countless other ones. There will be a search box in the middle of the screen and an offer for you to download MacKeeper, a very questionable Mac optimization tool. It has a dubious reputation so we do not recommend installing it. And the search box will lead to Google. If you wanted to go to Google, you can go directly, no need to use some weird third-party website. It may be following your browsing sessions and trying to gain information on your browsing habits. Or it could be aimed at promoting MacKeeper. In any case, you need to delete Yoursafersearch.com.
The quickest way to uninstall Yoursafersearch.com would be to use anti-spyware software. The security program would find where the hijacker is hiding and get rid of it promptly. Manual Yoursafersearch.com removal, while possible, takes much longer since you have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Yoursafersearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Yoursafersearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Yoursafersearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Yoursafersearch.com and related programs.
Remove Yoursafersearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Yoursafersearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Yoursafersearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Yoursafersearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Yoursafersearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Yoursafersearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Yoursafersearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Yoursafersearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Yoursafersearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Yoursafersearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.