What is Zeta-search.com?
Zeta-search.com is a browser hijacker that enters your PC together with the Royal-Search Toolbar. It is promoted as a custom search engine that can provide you with the “ultimate online search experience” by showing you the best results. We assure you, the hijacker is not nearly as useful as it claims to be. Although Royal-Search has an official website, it does not provide a download link. The page mentions that the toolbar travels in free software packages allowing you to install these search settings during the setup. It is often the case that the toolbar gets installed without the computer user’s notice. If you want to eliminate Zeta-search.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related program as well.
How does Zeta-search.com work?
Potentially unwanted programs frequently use the bundling method in order to get distributed. Royal-Search Toolbar is not any different. It was created by Montiera Technologies and is rather similar to Triple-Search Toolbar, Babylon Toolbar, and some others. Once the application gets installed onto your computer, it changes your browser settings. Your home page, new tab, and default search provider get switched to Zeta-search.com. This website contains a search box and several links sponsored by Earnify. These links look suspicious, to say the least, and we would not recommend clicking on them, unless you want to land on corrupted websites. If you make use of the provided search box, you will get rerouted to Search.smartshopping.com. This is not the most reliable search tool out there. In order to go back to your preferred browser settings, you will have to get rid of Zeta-search.com.
There are a few other symptoms that you may notice when it comes to the hijacker. It may add various pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads into your favorite websites. It may also cause redirects in the middle of your surfing. There is no question that the hijacker lowers the quality of your online browsing experience. You should not hesitate with Zeta-search.com removal.
How to remove Zeta-search.com?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to delete Zeta-search.com. You can do it manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to uninstall Royal-Search Toolbar from your computer and then erase Zeta-search.com from your browsers. Both of these tasks are described in the instructions provided below the article. You are welcome to use them. Alternatively, you can implement the anti-malware utility from our page and scan your PC. The security tool will detect all potential issues and remove Zeta-search.com along with them. Moreover, it will stay useful in the future by functioning as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zeta-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zeta-search.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Zeta-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zeta-search.com and related programs.
Remove Zeta-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zeta-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zeta-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zeta-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zeta-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zeta-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zeta-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zeta-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zeta-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zeta-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.