Zlappy.com is a dubious a dubious search engine, regarded as a browser hijacker. It will hijack your browser and make unwanted changes if you allow it to install. It is not a malicious computer virus, which means it needs your permission to install. It is attached to free software and can install alongside it if you allow it. Once it is on your computer, you will find that your browser’s settings have been changed and that you are sometimes redirected to sponsored web pages.
Browser hijackers exist to redirect users and generate pay-per-click income, and in order to be able to do that, it needs to change your browser’s settings. We do not suggest you use the website at all, as you could end up encountering malware. You might be led to a dangerous page and accidentally download a virus. We strongly suggest you delete Zlappy.com.
Why remove Zlappy.com?
The method this browser hijacker used to get into your computer is referred to as the bundling method. Essentially, it means it was attached to free software and to prevent its installation, it needed to be deselected. You can only do that in Advanced (Custom) settings. When installing freeware, choose Advanced mode, uncheck the boxes of the bundled items and you can proceed to install the software. Many users end up choosing Default settings because they think it is the recommended option, however, we do not suggest you use them. If you continue to use them, you will end up with all sorts of unwanted items. If you do not want to go through the trouble of having to uninstall Zlappy.com or similar, always opt for Advanced settings.
As soon as it enters your computer, Zlappy.com will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage and new tabs. The changes will be applied to all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It should be noted that the changes are carried out without your permission and you cannot undo them unless you remove Zlappy.com first. The website will present you with a search engine, which will generate results via Google Custom Search. Which basically means that you will be presented with sponsored websites when you search for something. Never trust dubious search engines that enter your computer without your permission, especially not with reliable search results. You could end up on all sorts of weird websites or you could even up on an infected one. If you were to enter such a website, you could pick up malware, which would be really troublesome. If you want to protect your computer, uninstall Zlappy.com.
If you want to delete Zlappy.com quickly, we suggest you obtain a professional removal tool. It will be able to take care of Zlappy.com removal without issue. However, you can also erase Zlappy.com manually, if you wish. However, locating the hijacker could be tricky.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Zlappy.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Zlappy.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Zlappy.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Zlappy.com and related programs.
Remove Zlappy.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Zlappy.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Zlappy.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Zlappy.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Zlappy.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Zlappy.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Zlappy.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Zlappy.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Zlappy.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Zlappy.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.